View Single Post
Wyrmskyld
(っ◕‿◕)っ ♥

Penpal

Old 10-16-2013, 06:05 AM

"Marzio, I'm hurt! You wound me to the quick!" Nazario put one hand to his bony chest dramatically, anointing a clump of oleander with a careless swing of the wineskin with the other hand. "I would never cheat you, my companions!"

Marisa frowned and watched as the cowled man brought out a handful of coin from his jingling purse and began to count penny by penny. It was obvious from the heft of the pouch that the town had been grateful for the exorcism and generous with their money. And their food and drink, judging from the smear of grease on his chin and his general state of intoxication. It wasn't right that they should do all the work and Nazario should reap the rewards while giving them pennies! She opened her mouth to say as much before she realized that she was thinking of stealing the older man's wealth. Bowing her head, she brought out her rosary, closing her eyes and praying forgiveness for her covetous thoughts while trying to ignore the growl of her stomach reminding her that a handful of grapes was scarcely a meal.

Once the payment was scrupulously counted out, Nazario dropped a few more coppers into Marzio's hand. "As a bonus for good work. Now, the next town should be easy pickings... they already have rumors about possessions and spirits going about. We'll just have to step in and take advantage of that. No weeks of setup like we've had in the past. It's all primed and ready for us!