View Single Post
Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 10-22-2013, 06:40 AM

Marzio scoffed and snatched for the delicate parchment "Besides the Sarno part it's all true." Managing to grab it wasn't much of a victory. Nazario was still happy. "This this ancient... When did you write this? Why haven't you let us present it to anyone else until now?!" the boy's ire was almost drawing off of his sister's own veiled frustration with their misleading monk. With nostril flared and fists balled tightly at his sides it was no surprise that the amount of time he could spend in Nazario's company was drawing to an end.

Soon. Soon we will be knocking on those doors and finding the Gabrielli family. We'll start working honest jobs and we'll get to decide if we keep them. It would all be worth it if they some how managed to make it in the household so they could drop Nazario like a stone. That would show him for using them and taking their money! Just then Marzio heard the snap of Marisa's shoe laces and winced. She was clearly distressed and fighting Nazario now would do nothing but cause her to break down into pieces. He tightened his lips and looked away from their host and marched on beside Marisa as they made their way toward the larger houses. When her shoes gave out again he urged her to take his own. "...Besides. My feet could use the airing out." He offered, trying to cheer her up.

"Ohh!" Wailed one of the kitchen woman, in a fit of despair. She was at her wit's end with the darkness within the house. "It's all of them! Their money is their sin! They should tithe! They should live like the saints did in hermitages!" She flew from one cabinet to another, trying to collect the scattered items she had arrived in their service with. "I'll not be hurt or worse -tainted- by their sin! Not like Flora!"

Her fuss was starting to upset several other kitchen girls, young and old. While several looked annoyed, others were clearly distressed by her mention of sins within the house. One even took out her rosary and started praying around the time Alfonso arrived in the kitchen to witness the madness.

"I'm taking my pay! I won't be in this house one more hour, Alfonso!" The woman nearly screamed in her hysteria. "This family is black! Nothing but black, black darkness and sin!" By now her voice was cracking and becoming hoarse from her wailing. She wasn't even the maid to have discovered the message but the news of it coupled with the rumor of a disappeared valet were more than enough to end her relationship with this family.