View Single Post
okamimyst
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to okamimyst Send a message via Yahoo to okamimyst

Old 07-05-2009, 03:50 AM

Thanks, Ama! And of course you can!! I'd love to see what my drabble has inspired!!

And here is a new entry! Yay!

Track 19:
Song: Prelude a l'Apres-midi d'une Faune
Artist: Claude Debussy

Mist trembled along the forest ground. Early morning in the woods was always so enchanting to Malina. But there was something strange about these woods; something a bit too enchanting. As she progressed further into the woods, Malina found herself ever more attentive, alert to every sound, every clodding footstep of Saddie. Suddenly, something caught her eye.

Through a veil of oak leaves and branches was a clearing bedecked with the golden hues of morning sunlight. And, in the very center of the clearing, was a man. He lied on his back, arms tucked beneath his head and one knee bent up to the canopy of sky above. With a quiet, whoa, Malina brought Saddie to a stop and watched him. He looked so peaceful there, lying among the dewey grasses, the sunlight glinting off his muscular, tanned arms and legs. Malina reddened with her sudden attraction to this stranger. He stirred. Looked right to where she was, and Malina quickly looked away, even though she was sure the screen of foliage should be enough to her from his sight.

As she debated whether or not to continue, she stole another glance at the clearing.

"A lady such as yourself shouldn't be riding through a forest unaccompanied," said a voice in front of her. Her vision whipped back around to the front. It was the man from the clearing. She was stunned and had to clear her throat before attempting to speak.

"Just because I am a woman does not mean that I'm incapable of taking care of myself," she said, urging Saddie forward.

"I can see that," he said, side-stepping to block her way. "But please allow me to inquire where you are headed."

Malina studied him and weighed her response. How much could she trust a man in the woods, especially a woods such as this?

"You may inquire, but I am under no obligation to return an answer," she returned.

"Of course, m'lady, but if you wish to get through the woods by nightfall safely, then you will have to trust a stranger who knows the woods like the back of his hand." There is was. Raw and straight-forward. She decided to play the part.

"I suppose you may be right, but I have a horse and you have none." The man grinned, brought two fingers--long, bowman's fingers, she noted--to his lips, a blew a shrill whistle. A dark, chestnut bay appeared moments later. The man mounted, and Malina followed a stranger through an enchanted wood.

**Notes** More on Debussy and Prelude a l'apres-midi d'un faune (Prelude to the Aftern of a Faun).

Last edited by okamimyst; 08-15-2009 at 03:48 PM..