View Single Post
Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 01-22-2013, 03:16 PM

CHAPTER 27 (PART - A)

The evening went by fairly uneventful shortly after Chang had shared what he learned with the detectives. They called in a report and by the time all of that had taken place, the detectives were ready to eat. They stopped in a local pub in South London and had dinner. Chang was fairly quiet listening to the detectives ramble on and on about suspicions they had about everyone.

"Can't trust anyone..." Thompson rambled on enjoying his fish and chips.
"Right, anyone..." Thomson agreed mindlessly chewing up his chips.
"Chang, could you please pass me the vinegar?" Thompson looked up as Chang nibbled on his the filets he had on his plate.
"Here you are Mr. Thompson" Chang replied politely.

Luckily Chang did not easily get annoyed about anything. He only missed the peace and solitude that Tibet had to offer him when he stayed with the monks. Chang thought back for a moment remembering a couple instances when the yeti would make his self known to Chang by making melancholy low roars as if he was saying "hello". Once each month if the weather permitted while he was in Tibet, he would travel alone to the cave where the yeti sustained him and leave a food offering as a way of saying thanks. Those were some peaceful time, but Chang quickly snapped back to the present as returning to the Detectives' somewhat mindless rambles. He realized he was working to assist these two, but quickly learned he may have to do some groundwork in order help expedite the process some. After dinner they checked in at a bed and breakfast for the night. The detectives were trying to be frugal so they shared a room which only had a full sized bed.

Chang graciously volunteered to sleep on the floor as the detectives got him an extra blanket, sheet, and pillow. Luckily the floor was made of a nice thick red carpet making it a bit easier to sleep on. Sleeping on the floor didn’t bother Chang as he learned how to survive without many things for a long time before he was adopted and then when he began living in Tibet. Today had been exhausting for Chang so he wrapped up in his sheet and blanket and tried to go to sleep. Fortunately for him he fell asleep before the Thom(p)sons' began their snoring serenade.

Chang woke up just after sunrise the next morning as light began to filter through the long red draped curtains in the room. Both of the detectives were still snoozing in bed so he decided to take a seat by the window and meditate. Ten minutes later he couldn’t tell if he had fallen asleep but he began seeing a calm scene over the ocean. It was as if the sun was only beginning to rise. He saw a huge black sea serpent jump out of the water in the distance and back in only to be continuing away until it could not be seen. Chang began to take deep breaths and slowly come out of his meditation then stood up and put his green kimono and black trousers on.

“Mr. Thompson and Thomson, we need to get up, I have a bad feeling we are losing the trail” Chang announced. Both the detectives were snuggled up against one another and quickly realized Chang was in the room with them as they woke quickly scooting back over to their own side.
“What?! Where?!” Thompson sat up in his pajamas.
“Who?! Why?!” Thomson mimicked his partner.
Chang smiled and laughed, “I will be downstairs waiting for you” Chang said politely leaving the room.
“I believe he said he has a ‘bad’ feeling!” Thompson sat up in bed.
“I think that’s what he said too!” Thomson rubbed his eyes.
“So we go on one of his feelings?” Thompson asked confused.
“Don’t know, he seems pretty sure…” Thomson nodded.
“Well then let’s get up!” Thompson said twisting around in the covers to get up tripping and falling off the bed.

Chang sat down in the common room which was a nice living room decked out in all shades of red and pink as if it were Valentines Day. Chang took a seat at the few small wooden tables covered with bright red table clothes sipping a cup of tea.
“Would there be anything else for you sir?” an elderly lady offered.
“No thank you madam, I appreciate your hospitality” Chang smiled graciously.
“If you need anything else just let me know young man” the elderly lady said walking back to the front desk. Chang noticed a couple of younger people bringing out food buffet style on a table covered with lids for self service.

Chang sat there thinking how he could probably do better on his own, but realized that he had been placed with the detectives for a reason. Chang was a very spiritual person and believed that most things happened for a reason. It didn’t take much wisdom for Chang to realize how they needed him. Chang sat in meditation while he drank his tea praying to the spirits that they would keep Mrs. Lam’s daughter safe until he could reach her. Before the Detectives arrived downstairs Chang also saved a thought for Tintin.

Thirty minutes passed by until both of the detectives came down the narrow red rugged stairway from the rooms on the second floor. They instantly spotted Chang sitting by himself in front of the window bathing in the sunlight drinking tea. The detectives treated themselves to some eggs and toast for breakfast while Chang hardly paid them any attention lost in his own thoughts.
“So Mr. Chang, we are going to the docks to investigate down by the harbor” Thompson finally spoke up getting Chang’s attention.
“Ok, I’m ready” Chang glanced up.
“Tis, tis, tis…” Thomson nodded disapprovingly at Chang.
“Is something wrong detective?” Chang looked a little alarmed.
“We’ve got to do something about your attire mate…” Thomson stroked his mustache.
“Precisely, so we’re going to go buy you some clothes” Thompson grinned at Chang.
“Although I don't think it's necessary...you’re the leader, I will follow” Chang nodded and went along with their little masquerade.
“Don’t worry, we’ve excellent taste in clothes young man” Thomson said patting Chang on the back.
“Why thank you, it’s been awhile since anyone has bought me clothes” Chang laughed but inside was worried that his vision of losing the trail would come to pass.

Thomson kept trying to picture Chang in different clothes to figure out what would suit him. He was trying to envision Chang in a similar outfit that they wore. Then he tried picturing him in different colors. Chang was slightly distracting, he couldn’t help but notice how cute little Chang looked so he quickly snapped out of his thought scolding himself for even thinking such a thought.

“Is everything alright Detective?” Chang looked Thomson in the eye naïve of what he was doing.
“Um…right…everything is just fine, I was about to say…” Thomson’s face blushed slightly.
“Thomson!” Thompson slugged his partner in the arm realizing what Thomson was doing.
“Is there a problem Detectives?” Chang asked still clueless as to what just happened.
“No problem at all, we’re going to the clothing shop” Thompson smiled getting up from the table leading the outside.

XXXXXXXXXX

Early that morning back at Marlinspike Hall Tintin woke up exhausted smelling the strong sweet scent of his captain’s pipe. Captain Haddock was already up smoking in his burgundy house coat lounging around with a book in his hand by his desk.

“Good morning landlubber!” Haddock heard him stirring in the bed as he was finishing an old book he’d been reading for quite a while.
“Good morning captain” Tintin smiled getting out of bed slowly in his light blue pajamas he wore. He noticed of course how much pep the captain had in his voice. Tintin knew after romantic nights the captain was always in an exceptional mood.
“Breakfast should be about ready for us my boy” Haddock beamed at Tintin closing his book replacing it back on the small bookshelf he had in his bedroom.
“I smell it, Nestor never ceases to surprise me with his devotion to us” Tintin said walking to one of Haddock’s drawers which had a few of his clothes in it. Most of the time Tintin ended up in Haddock’s bedroom with him, but they kept separate rooms so no one would start asking questions which they both felt were no ones’ business.

“Let’s go eat landlubber!” Haddock said smacking Tintin on the buttocks.
“Ouch…” Tintin shrank back a little playfully.
“Is something wrong lad?” Haddock looked at him carefully as Tintin continued walking noticing a slight crookedness in his step. Instantly Haddock smiled, “Yes sir! I’ve done my job!” Haddock thought and began to laugh.
“What’s so funny Captain?” Tintin looked him a little funny.
“Nothing at all my boy… now let’s go downstairs before our breakfast gets cold” Haddock rushed out with him.
“…but, I need to change and get ready for the flight to London…and so do you” Tintin explained as they were walking down the stairs.
“Bad news Tintin, there were no available flights today, looks like we will have to wait until after lunch tomorrow. It is Friday…” Haddock frowned.
“I guess there is stuff that can be done here, hopefully everyone will be ok without us for a day” Tintin sighed as they walked down to the dining room.

“Come on Tintin, let’s just take a day to unwind, everyone is aware of the danger. It’s you they’re after. Let’s just take it easy today and enjoy some ‘us’ time. Tomorrow we’re back out again” Haddock pointed out.
Snowy and Cocoa came running into the dining hall like pair of horses circling the table jumping up and down on Haddock and Tintin.
“Well good morning to you too Snowy, Cocoa!” Tintin giggled as they each kissed them both good morning.
“You two better behave yourselves” Haddock chuckled petting them both.
“It’s been awhile since I’ve seen Snowy this happy” Tintin commented.
“Can’t be a bad thing…” Haddock winked at Tintin.
Nestor came in with the rest of the breakfast on a serving tray.
“I apologize Master Haddock, but not even standby flights are possibly available” Nestor announced setting down the tray on the table.
“Don’t worry about it Nestor, we’ll find other ways to occupy our time” Haddock replied mischievously.
“Oh I see…” Nestor almost laughed raising an eyebrow. “Its’ premium food today Snowy, Cocoa…” Nestor announced as Snowy recognized the ‘premium’ word. Snowy’s eyes lit up.
Cocoa gave Snowy a confused look.
“Don’t ask, just follow me” Snowy barked suddenly dancing around Nestor back into the kitchen as Cocoa followed after.
“Tintin! Captain Haddock! Good morning, I thought the two of you were leaving today” Professor Calculus came down in his house robes to join them for breakfast.
“Why Cuthbert! You’re actually going to join us for breakfast?” Haddock asked surprised.

“Of course Captain, I’m going to make sure that I get to see my family off before they leave” the professor nodded joining them at the breakfast table taking his plate helping himself to toast, eggs, and a bowl of fruit.
“We’re not leaving today, there are no planes available Cuthbert” Haddock explained a bit loudly just in case the professor didn’t have his hearing aid in.
“You’re not leaving because there are no trains today?!” the professor asked a bit confused.
“No! PLANES!” Haddock shouted.
“Oh…planes, I need to put my hearing aid on” the professor said adjusting it. “That’s better!” The professor nodded.
“So you’re not leaving today?” the Professor had a sparkle in his eye.
“No, just relaxing today” Haddock continued eating his breakfast.
“I was wondering if you would join me in the lab for just a bit… I have one last thing I would like to show you Captain” Professor Calculus replied beginning to eat.
“If it involves me doing work the answer is no” Haddock replied simply.
Tintin finished his breakfast while listening to them converse back and forth.
“Captain, maybe you should see what the professor has, I’m going to take a quick trip into town” Tintin suggested.

“Where you planning on going Tintin?” Haddock huffed.
“I need to go pay someone dear to me a visit…” Tintin trailed of mysteriously.
“You can help me too if you like Tintin” Calculus suggested.
“Sorry professor, I have something I need to do” Tintin made up his mind.

“An old dear friend?” Haddock asked suspiciously.
“It’s nothing for you to worry about Captain, I’m just going back to check something out at my old flat” Tintin explained.
“Can I come with you?” Haddock asked.
“I need to do this alone captain, I need to find some answers” Tintin clarified.
“Do you want me to drive you there?” Haddock asked carefully.
“I’ll take my motorbike, besides the professor seems to have something important that could be useful” Tintin suggested.
“Thank you Tintin, it is useful” Calculus nodded. Haddock looked at Tintin still not quite convinced.
“Listen Captain, trust me on this, I won’t be gone longer than a couple of hours. If I decide to do something else I will come back for you” Tintin promised.
“Well…ok, but don’t you be getting yourself into any trouble!” Haddock shook his finger at Tintin seriously. “Take Snowy and Cocoa with you, I’ll feel better if you do” Haddock finished his breakfast sighing. Tintin went back to his room to change.
“Well I’ll meet you back down here in thirty minutes” Calculus said returning back upstairs to change. Haddock did likewise catching Tintin dressed in a pair of brown trousers and a blue and white cris-crossed vest with a white button up shirt underneath.

“You be careful now, I don’t want to have to come rescue you again” Haddock said giving Tintin and quick hug and peck on the cheek.
“I promise captain, I will be extremely careful” Tintin agreed kissing him back then quickly dashed out the door. Haddock followed him out into the foyer and watched him call Snowy and Cocoa out the front door with him. Haddock sighed again hoping that he didn’t make a mistake to let Tintin go off alone. Why would he want to go back to his old flat? Surely someone had rented it out by now. Haddock was a bit hurt by Tintin wanting to go alone that he didn’t make the connection as to why Tintin went there for a while.

Last edited by Kole_Locke; 01-28-2013 at 07:43 PM..