View Single Post
Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-01-2013, 05:34 PM

CHAPTER 36 (PART - A)

Lucille drove for a few minutes without any destination in mind until she decided she had to know how Eric was faring in the hospital. Lucille couldn’t get those ghastly images out of her mind. It was as if a monster had sprung to life out of a horror movie or a ghost story. Lucille was still shaking all over trying to remain calm, but the more she thought about it the more nervous she became, and the more questions that demanded answers. It was too much at one time. She turned the radio on and started singing anything she could to keep her mind off what had happened. Without warning a car came flying at her head on beeping and she swerved to the side of the road barely missing it gasping for air.

“I’ve got to calm down” Lucille said to herself as stopped for a moment to gather her wits back. Then she got back on the road and continued to the hospital in Colchester. Traffic was bad once she got into town. She waited almost twenty minutes trying to get to the hospital.

When she arrived she quickly ran to the reception desk as a reception lady looked at her strangely. Lucille still seemed to be hyperventilating.
“Are you ok young lady?” the receptionist asked.
“I’m here to see--Eric Walker” Lucille said slowly.
The receptionist took a look through the files, “Are you a relative or friend?”
“My husband is friends with him” Lucille replied.
“We really aren’t supposed to give out this kind of information to non family members” the receptionist replied adjusting her glasses.
“Please, I was there when this person was picked up near my parents’ house when my children found him” Lucille pleaded.
The receptionist regarded her carefully, and then threw her hands up in the air.
“Fourth floor, speak to the nurses up there, they can tell you his current condition” the receptionist said putting the file back.

Lucille took the stairway up to the fourth floor and each step she took the echoes in the stairwell seemed amplified ten times. By the time she reached the fourth floor she was trying to catch her breath. She stepped out into the main hall and walked down the corridor toward the reception desk. Lucille did not like hospitals because she remembered being a young girl coming to the hospital to seeing on different occasions each grandparent before they passed away.

She walked up to the nurse at the reception nurse’s station and asked her the same questions. The nurse seemed friendlier.
“Excuse me, I’m looking for the room of Eric Walker” Lucille asked.
“Who are you?” the nurse asked.
“I’m his co-worker’s wife…the incident happened near my parents’ property” she answered.
The nurse started looking through the files and began reading.
“Yes, he is in surgery at the moment” the nurse replied holding the file reading the rest of it.
“Was anyone able to reach his wife?” Lucille asked with concern.
“Yes, she knows” the nurse said putting the file down.
“Will he…make it?” Lucille almost didn’t want to ask.
“He’s fighting for his life, but they say he’s got a good chance of making it” the nurse told her.
“I hope so…” Lucille sighed not knowing where to go from there.
“Thank you” Lucille smiled and walked away.

Lucille started thinking as she walked out of the hospital what her next move would be. Then she decided she knew what she was going to do when she saw a couple of officers. She remembered writing Alyssa’s phone number down at the house, but what if that man in the dark robes was waiting with the other beast? Going back alone was out of the question she thought.

“Excuse me officer, I need to make a report…” Lucille said anxiously.
“Calm down madam, now what is it you would like to report?” one officer asked with concern.
“I was assaulted in my house” Lucille replied.
“Tell us what happened from the beginning” the other officer smiled taking out a note pad.
Lucille thought it may be wise to get some protection before returning back to the house. She took a deep breath and retold her tale leaving out the abnormal transformation the Doberman made. The officers were stunned by such an attack as were curious as to what was taken. Lucille said it was a family heirloom of sentimental value. The officers nodded and afterwards they decided to accompany her back home.

XXXXXXXXXXX

Tintin and Captain Haddock waited anxiously as the plane touched down in Glasgow. The flight was uneventful, and there were a lot of empty seats so the flight was quiet.
“I can’t believe it captain! I’m going to see Chang again! After all of these years!” Tintin was so happy.
“Well as long as he doesn’t try to take you from me” Haddock joked but was really serious.
“Oh captain, I would never abandon you, my heart belongs to one man and one man alone… and that’s you my dear captain” Tintin said grasping Haddock’s hand. Haddock’s concern dropped as such positive emotive language from Tintin always put him at ease. Haddock gripped Tintin’s hand back as the plane began to slow down to a stop.

“Have faith in us Captain, just understand Chang is dear to my heart just as Chester is to yours” Tintin explained.
“You’re right lad… it’s just that…” Haddock started to say as they got off the plane waiting until no one was within earshot.
“It’s just that, Chang is your age and much better looking than me… I always wondered what if Chang stayed…” Haddock said a bit insecurely.

“Captain, your looks are just fine, and I love your heart. Chester is your age too, but I have faith in our love” Tintin said confidently, but in the back of his mind he knew the captain’s fears weren’t unfounded. He realized he did have a deep love for Chang after the whole trip to Tibet; but, the attraction was different. Chang stayed in London only a couple years afterwards but seldom came to visit. Tintin had not seen Chang since he was twenty-one during the whole episode with Martine and a real insecure Captain.

Tintin had dreams where he would see Chang and they would talk to each other, and each time Tintin noted how Chang seemed to change in appearance the more he saw him. Tintin knew that had Chang stayed it was very possible a serious problem could have arisen deep in his heart being forced to choose the Captain or Chang. Tintin knew that would be a choice that would tear him apart from the very foundation. At least Chang had a new family, the Captain only had Nestor and Calculus.

“Everything happens for a reason” Tintin thought although a part of him wished Chang would have stayed.
As they walked down the terminal the captain seemed to be watching Tintin’s facial expressions as if he was trying to read him. The last thing Tintin wanted was a rivalry between friends and lovers.
“So do you have the address to the Sea Breeze?” Haddock asked as they waited for a cab.
Snowy and Cocoa trotted quietly next to them.
“Such worries humans have” Cocoa commented to Snowy.
“When it comes to matters of the heart, humans lose sense of rationality” Snowy replied.
“You’re really wise Snowy” Cocoa barked.
“It’s years of living with these two that I have learned a lot about humans. Most of us dogs never understand humans completely” Snowy finished.
“Romance is romance I guess…” Cocoa commented.
“I have it right here” Tintin said as Haddock got a cab driver’s attention.

Tintin and Haddock put their luggage in the trunk and gave the address to the driver.
“The Sea Breeze Bed and Breakfast?” the driver asked already familiar with the place.
“Yes, that’s the one” Tintin nodded.
“I can have you there in just ten minutes” the driver said as they left the airport.
“Thank you sir” Tintin smiled.
“I’m really curious how Chang became mixed up in all of this” Haddock suddenly thought out loud.
“I’m curious about that too. I’m sure Chang would be more than happy to explain to us when we see him Captain” Tintin agreed.
“I also wonder if Scotland Yard managed to figure out who or what was behind those murders in London” Haddock mentioned.
“It’s hard to tell Captain, I haven’t really been keeping up with current events lately…which reminds me, I need to pick up a paper after we arrive at the bed and breakfast” Tintin remembered.
“So do you think the Detectives have stumbled onto something?” Haddock asked as he took out his pipe.
“It’s hard to tell with them, they’re always ‘stumbling’ on something” Tintin giggled.
“Good one lad!” Haddock chuckled.

Last edited by Kole_Locke; 03-06-2013 at 07:24 AM..