View Single Post
sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 12-19-2014, 02:16 PM

Mae shifted slightly in her seat, looking about the empty village square, glanced at inn where in few windows candle light flickered. Perhaps she should have fled further away from people, take refuge among the trees that would give her some solace. But it wasn't as if she planned to stay here long. She just needed to get out, in fresh air, to remind herself she wasn't held in prison, whether its walls were sterile white or made of stone. After that, she'd take advantage of being up at such late hour and do some work. Or at least try to.

The woman felt someone approaching and immediately tensed. Perhaps it was the lingering nightmare that made her feel as if she was in danger, but her hand instinctively sought out hilt of dagger by her belt. When she felt someone lightly touch her hair, Mae held her breath, until Saith's quiet voice broke the tension. Immediately, she visibly relaxed and fingers that had so tightly clutched weapon left it. "Saith," she murmured softly with sigh of relief.

Still, to say that she felt completely comfortable would be untrue. The man was very much in her personal space, something that Mae wasn't used to. He had a habit of invading it, however, and for a moment, she felt urge to lean back and rest her head against his chest, soak up some simply warmth and make it as shield against the sense of emptiness and fear that nightmares had brought. But the thought that Saith may be shirtless occurred to her and elven woman felt her cheeks heat up.

She had seen plenty of shirtless and nearly naked men, but only as a healer, High Priestess, and now she was just... Just Lacrimae. But what was she - this Lacrimae - , if not defined by her titles and role? Not even this name was truly independent from the temple as it had been given by her old 'mother'. So, she had to get a grip of herself, keep her head high and mask on. Especially in front of Saith. He had acted so strangely the whole day, as if angry with her. There was no reason to give him something to tease or mock her about.

"I don't mock you," Mae defended quietly, "I simply want to provide you with some comfort if you wish for it." Her index finger rubbed nervously against her thumb. "I-I am sorry if I woke you," woman spoke, her voice slightly breaking at first word. "It won't happen again," Lacrimae added quite confidently. As she had grown up, the nightmares (of this kind) had become less and less frequent, not emerging only once in few weeks or sometimes even rarer. So, by the next time their small group would have already disbanded.

The pang of sadness after this thought surprised her. Had she really already grown attached to these 2 strange men, after such a short while? No, it couldn't be. She trusted them for sure, but friendship took much longer time to blossom, especially with such peculiar individuals. And it took two. Mae wasn't sure if Saith even wanted to be friends with her, after all she was an elf and Kevlar seemed to understand their archer much better than she did.