View Single Post
Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 04-17-2014, 08:42 AM

17 April 2014

This year has definitely been surprisingly eventful so far.

I had initially thought that things would start to mellow and become a tad more boring...not yet it seems..even a month down the track from when I returned from my 30 day overseas holiday.

I had my university graduation ceremony a few days after I got back from my holiday which is probably my proudest day so far. Because for me, finishing a university degree has been a childhood dream of mine and it took many more years to achieve than anticipated, but I finally did it and the graduation ceremony was a day to celebrate it.

I also dropped by unannounced to the venue to see my friends' come out from their own graduation ceremony wearing their academic dress. It was the morning after my own and I only found out because it was in the graduation ceremony schedule book that we were all given.

So that was an interesting way to see those friends for the first time after returning from my trip and they were pleasantly surprised I'm sure.

I've been to my first baby shower ever and had a great time catching up with my mother-to-be friend and her other close female friends. Funnily enough, one of them was an old primary school friend so bit of an unexpected 'reunion' with her. We established that neither of us really hang out with our best friends from primary school days...which is rather interesting.

In these past few weeks since returning I have been going out a fair bit to do things that need to be done, not specifically to meet friends or see the many unexpected changes in the local area...but those things have happened too, which is rather amusing.