View Single Post
Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 03-31-2012, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuvrette View Post
The lines still rather sharp and bold.
wrinkles are too pointy...
and there is one contradicting point I just notice.
Your short ourtline is very smooth to suggest that many wrinkles/folds on it.
That makes sense - I never thought of that! I need to decide if I want that many folds and if so change the outline then....
I'll shade the outline a bit more too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellysundae View Post
I'm just dropping in to say that the dress of DOOM (lol) in the collective post at the front is looking so much better now! The folds on the top look nice now :yes: The shading in the skirt looks nice, to me the bottom edge/drape seems a bit stiff and unnatural, but that might be just me. I'd say that a zillion points closer to being finished now :yes:
OMG REALLY!? That makes me so happy! I named it the Dress of Doom because of the problems it's given me XD I still need to work on the shading on the bottom so it might make the drape better once it's finished to be honest. If it doesn't, then I can always change it :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeannesha View Post
That's great news, Jelly!

Maria, I love the cranberry-colored shorts. In my (not) expert opinion, they're looking great!
I like them better red personally :D But I'm biased and love red so that's just me XD thank you :D

EDIT:

Okay I've updated both the dress and the shorts....

Here are the updated versions:
- dithered the shades at the bottom to make it look more blended and not so harsh. Added just a touch of shade one on the bottom to give it some highlight.

- I took away a bunch of the folds because the lines really didn't call for them (thank you Xuvvie for pointing that out!) I also added some shade four to the lines because it made it look less harsh.

Last edited by Maria-Minamino; 03-31-2012 at 04:40 PM..