View Single Post
Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-18-2015, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post

they are amazing!
people are so creative
Agreed! I mean, it's one thing to do it online on a forum, but to do it in person is just amazing - I've seen people work with real leather, cast metal, everything! Super crazy what can go into these!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistachio_Moustache View Post
I've been to one con; DragonCon. That was in 2006. I went as Lara Croft, and it was AMAZING.
I worked in the Artist Alley so that my fee would be cut, so I missed on some things, but it was fun!
I went to a dinner with Don S. Davis, and he was so sweet. I took a picture with him, and I still have it.
:3

Don S. Davis:
Oh my goodness! That is so awesome!! Although you missed some things, I bet that dinner topped the whole thing lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestrya View Post
I've never been either, but always wanted to. I enjoy watching cosplay shows too. It's amazing how some of them make their own costumes!
Do you watch Heroes of Cosplay? It's my favorite! I also just found a Japanese one on Crunchyroll that I want to check out - not sure if it's good or not lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephila View Post
I love Cosplay. <3 I'm lucky that we have a few good cons in my city. :) I have a few Costumes. Plus some I should work on with October approaching fast.

I Have Two Star Trek ones A Cardassian Officer and TNG style Captain. When "What did the Fox say" was big I did a Costume like the girls in the video. I also have an award winning Riddler costume (I was more excited about the free advanced screening of Avengers than the tittle). Also I love doing the whole Zombie thing because it's hard to mess up the make-up for it. Also the prosthetic for it are easy to come by and re-useable. :)

I Also have a good Black Corset! Those things are great for ALL kinda of costumes. (Pirate, Witch, Vampire ect) I consider my black corset day in my line up my casual day because it isn't of any particular character but LARPy enough to look good Amongst the crowd. :)
Oh wow - those look amazing!! Does it take you long to put together the outfits? Or do you have them made in advance?

I agree on the black corset and the prosthetic - they really can be utilized over and over so they're not a wasted investment! When you can recycle pieces for new costumes it adds that much more to it because it's less expense and you already have a foundation :3

---------- Post added 07-17-2015 at 08:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirin Rosenbaum View Post
I need to find a jacket that will work for a Fourth Doctor cosplay. I have the hate and scarf.
Which one is the 4th? (Not familiar with Doctor Who in depth)
Have you tried etsy or steampunk shops? They have a lot of old fashioned attire! :3