View Single Post
Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 08-11-2014, 10:26 PM

Reese's head smacked against the window when a sudden turn slammed him to the right. Groaning in pain, he put his hand to the throbbing spot and massaged it gently, casting a glare to his driver. "Damn it, man... What the hell are you doing?" He glared down the road they'd flung off of, at the lights of the fading hotel they were supposed to be arriving near soon. "I thought we were going to The Basten, what's changed..?"

"Didn't hear the car phone ring, did you?" His driver indicated the box that was currently closed, and Reese blinked, shaking his head. "Demi called. Kessel is on his way to the airport now. I don't know why he's left early but if we have any chance of getting him without taking out anyone else we gotta do it before he gets into the airport."

"Great." Reese sat back and rubbed his sore head, pulling his hat low. He didn't need this, not so early. He wanted this to move smoothly and doing that was impossible now. They made their way into the expansive parking lot as a small group of red-clad men passed, and Reese grabbed his driver's arm. "Jesus, Tai, stop, I saw them!" The driver, Tai, slammed on the brakes in the pickup lane and Reese craned his neck. "Damn it... they have a civvie." He huffed. "Lemme out to the east, get your gun and get to the east tower. I'll take out Kessel and you pop off the rest after he's down."

"What about the civvie?" Tai asked, gunning the engine.

"He's got to be involved. I'll handle him somehow, if anything I'll distract him, knock him out and take him to a park bench to assume it was a dream or something."

"Works for me, boss." Tai smirked, and Reese cast a smoldering glare the man's way. He hated being called that. Even Demi would from time to time. He got out of the car near the east tower and pulled his bag and case out, throwing them both over his shoulder as the car peeled away to the parking garage nearby. The tower was attached to the garage and a stone staircase on the outside. Nearby, a security guard was going to his car. It was the perfect chance, between security shift change. Running up the stairs was difficult enough with his shoulders laden with the heavy equipment, but the tower roof was flat and it was worth it to see down into the alley the red-clad men and Kessel had brought their catch. He brought out his tripod and screwed it to the weapon base and fitted the infrared scope and focus onto it. He crouched down, bracing himself on the roof and taking his hat off, setting it beside him as Tai whispered his arrival and he heard a gun cock behind him. "Don't hurt the civvie." Reese breathed out.

There was no wind. He was glad for that. Correcting for wind changes was frustrating and it took time he didn't usually have, especially if he were hiding under a tarp or behind an air conditioner unit in the hot sun for hours before. Now, he had little room for error and even more incentive to kill this man. He was steps away from the entrance of the airport. Breathing out, Reese focused himself, gently tightening his finger on the trigger. He felt his toes curl lightly a moment before he fired.

The bullet tore through the air, the rifle shot muffled to sound more like a backfiring vehicle, and Kessel was down. He jumped up as Tai stepped up, opening fire on the rest of the red men as their leader fell and they dove for their hidden weapons, only to be shunted down in a firestorm of heated led a moment later. Reese collected his things, setting them aside for Tai to grab when he was finished, and hurried down the steps. Tai was steady enough with a semiautomatic weapon that Reese wasn't afraid for the civvie's life, unless he acted stupid and dove into the path of a bullet. Crossing the lot, Reese's ears were ringing, then silence fell, leaving an eerie type of quiet. Tai would get out before security made it to the tower, like the ghost he seemed to be from time to time.