View Single Post
maidenroseheart
Can I please come down? ~Simple Plan's song "Astronaut"

Old 05-20-2012, 11:21 AM

Mindy pointed out to Jake, "She is the librarian. Why would she need someone else to tutor her daughter? You were a top student in school, but your work out in the country and they live in town." He shrugged and said, "I'm sure it could be put off until next weekend, but I did give my word. Roger, ride with me back to the ranch. Pete, stay with the missus. Mindy, when your done checking the creek. Come back to the ranch. Leave the lower pasture for tomorrow." She started to argue but he was already taking off and riding away. Roger looked at her apologetically and followed.

Pete reined Samson up to her and suggested, "The tracks go off into the middle of the meadow. I doubt we are going to be able to track them any further. Let's wait for Jake tomorrow. He is the best tracker in the country. He will figure out where they lead." Mindy glared at him, before sighing and letting her shoulders droop a bit. Admittedly, she wasn't a tracker. Jake was her best option. "Alright. Let's head back. I'm going to run to town and volunteer in the mission. You can handle Mary alone. She won't be in a pretty mood with all this mystery going on. She never did quite get over the scare when my father was killed." Pete pointed out, "He was a good man. He didn't have enemies. She has a right to be worried."