Thread: Shot Me Down
View Single Post
Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 05-12-2014, 04:44 AM

Andrew nodded slowly, setting the wriggling beetle on the grass and drawing up his legs. It put a little strain on his back, but not much, and he felt safe burying his head in his arms and nodding at Joey's reassurances. He hadn't heard those kinds of words in years. White Tide would be there with her sweet, comforting presence, but she couldn't speak of course. Couldn't tell him she would be there for him. While he knew that, sometimes he just needed to hear the words.

Looking up, he accepted the offered food and used his hands to handle it. It was simple, but it wasn't bread and dried, oversalted meat, so in comparison it was something that felt like finding a sack full of gold and diamonds. He shook his head at the offer, though, looking up to Joey. "No thanks... I can handle the cold. It's a nice break from the heat if anything else..." He sighed and nibbled gently at a slice of potato. It was bland, but fine with him. "I've... been wanting to see so much..." He admitted. "Places that seem so far away... I want to see... the ocean. But I want to see the forests out further west, too... That... That was where I was going, with Tide, when I stopped at that town." He swallowed hard, feeling his throat constrict. He hadn't thought he'd make it.