View Single Post
Cora
Pixel Pixie

Pixel Pixie

Old 07-13-2012, 07:07 PM

He disappeared into the darkness of the trees and she looked out among them as if trying to decide where he had gone. She had always prided herself on her astute way of seeing the world, most of which she attributed to her fantastic eyesight. Even so she could not see where he had gone, it was in a way like speaking with a bodiless voice. He is just in the darkness, she scolded herself, it’s not like he could really disappear.

He had given her directions. Go to a hotel, get the key from the night clerk, find the note and the money, buy clothes, and meet the man about the papers. She recited the list of things he had given her in her head careful to remember it all. It seemed complicated, but really when she thought about it, it wasn’t all that bad. She could easily find the hotel, she knew where elm was. If she followed that it should take her to the hotel at 6th. At least, she thought to herself, she would have somewhere warm to stay that night.

She looked in the direction she thought he must be, despite the fact that she couldn’t see him, “I understand” she said lightly, repeating it back to be sure she remembered it all, “Go to the hotel, with the hat and meet the night clerk and have him give me the key, to a room which will have money and directions, both for clothing and signing the papers. Tomorrow I am to meet you outside the hotel at half hour after sundown. Am I forgetting anything?”

She listened as he made the statement that she was not to complain about the hours. She had rather thought that the hours would be rather all over the place with the fact that Vincent could not go into the sun, but there was one thing that this meant for her, it was time to adapt. Blaire had spent her life running from the things in her life that caused her grief, but that didn’t mean that she complained about them, she adapted to the surroundings and she changed to fit them. This would be nothing more then that she had thought in that moment. “I feel at this point in time nothing you have said is unreasonable. I see no reason to complain”

Coldness swept over her in such a way that it caused her to shiver involuntarily. Suddenly however the cold turned to warmth and she looked once more in the direction she thought he must be and knew that it was time to leave, She said to the darkness, not knowing whether or not he was still there, “until tomorrow then” and headed down the dirt path back towards elm street, which she knew was not that far from where they were. Finding her way in the darkness however proved a far deal more difficult then she had expected.

By the time she reached the Hotel and hour had passed and she was slightly more irritable then she had been in the park. Whatever irritation she may be feeling, now was not the time to show it. Time to adapt she told herself and then made a mental note to learn how to make her way around in the darkness. She took a deep breath however and walked into the hotel and rang the bell waiting for the night clerk.