View Single Post
The Time Machine
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-22-2018, 07:26 PM

With the children and Li Mei in tow, the Conductor opens up the door to the train compartment. It looks like a regular old train car with seats lining each side of the car, an aisle running up the middle to the door at the end of the train.

Conductor: "This is the last car on the train. If your cat is in here, we have him cornered. Mr. … um… You there. "
The conductor points at Boq Boq

Conductor: "I’m stationing you here at this entrance. If your cat tries to get out, you stop him here."

Boq Boq: "Understood, Human Conductor Sir!"

Conductor: "You there! And you… Cessy was it? Would you two be so kind as to search the ground? Check under all the seats. Meanwhile Ms. Li Mei and I will check the luggage compartments!"
Everyone went to work checking here and there for the elusive Yumeh. The kids looked low, the adults looked high. It wasn’t long before a fluffy black tail slid behind a chair up ahead. Xeox spotted the movement and shouted.

Xeox: "There’s Yumeh! Earth Feline, please come back!"

Cessy: "Yumeh be a good kitty! We are on our way home! This time for sure!"
The group advanced down the aisle in the direction of where Yumeh was seen. As they turned to face the booth that Yumeh had gone into, the earth feline jumped up onto the top of the seat back, bounding from one to the next back in the opposite direction.

Boq Boq: "I’ve got him! I’ve got him!"
Yumeh however had a different plan. Jumping from the last seat back, Yumeh pounced squarely onto Boq Boq’s head and slipped inside the upper luggage cabinet. The rest of the group came bounding down the aisle towards him.

Li Mei: "He’s cornered now!"

Cessy: "Com'on Yumeh! Be a good kitty and come down from there"

Conductor: "If you’ll allow me, Miss Cessy…"

Xeox: "Human Conductor Sir, I do not believe that Yumeh will allow you to…"
But it was too late. The Conductor was already reaching his hands into the luggage compartment to grab onto Yumeh. Xeox cringed, waiting for the yelp of pain as Yumeh’s claws sunk into the Conductor’s hands. Moments later however, a defeated looking Yumeh appeared in the Conductors arms who had a gentle but firm grip on the kitty’s collar.

Yumeh: "Meroww…" (I give up, you’ve caught me…)

Conductor: "There there, kitty. Lets get you back to Miss Cessy. It’s against train regulations to have any pets loose in the cars. Here you are Miss Cessy, and you better take this too Miss…"
The conductor handed back Yumeh to Cessy and gave her a small box.

Cessy: “Thank you, Mister Conductor!”
Cessy opened the box. Inside was a black leash with a shiny gold clip on the end. With a slight gasp of delight, Cessy clipped it onto Yumeh’s collar and put the kitty on the ground.

Cessy: “It’s perfect!”

Xeox: “Why didn’t we think of that before…?”
Boq Boq just shrugged while Li Mei wondered just where the box had come from. She hadn’t seen the Conductor holding anything beforehand… And how would he have even knows something like that would be needed? It seemed as though like it was… Magic.

The kids followed the Conductor back to their train compartment in the next car over, being very careful to cross the gap between cars with his help. Taking their seats once again, they all thanked the Conductor and, with a tip of his hat, the Conductor walked on to punch more tickets.

Cessy put Yumeh back in his pink travel bag and they all settled in to enjoy the rest of the journey. Li Mei happened to bring along some playing cards and they all started going about teaching Boq Boq and Xeox how to play Go Fish.

Yumeh: “Meow! … Merr, Meeorrrww.” (I still hate pink! But… This is a very nice leash.)

Last edited by The Time Machine; 12-27-2018 at 09:29 PM..