View Single Post
The Time Machine
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-22-2018, 07:26 PM

The next morning, Cessy was up like a shot, ready to go check with the deck manager to see if Yumeh had been found. It was still quite early, but Li Mei acquiesced, suggesting they all get an early breakfast while they were at it. In no time at all, everyone was dressed and heading down the hall to the deck reception desk. Unfortunately, the deck manager had no new news for Cessy.
Li Mei: Cheer up, Cessy! Like, he probably saw a mouse and chased it out the door when we weren’t looking. Yumeh is a smart kitty though. He’ll totally turn up!

Boq Boq: Indeed, friend Cessy! The ship may be big but there are not many places a Kitty can hide.

Xeox: I suspect, friend Cessy, Yumeh will return soon. Since I have become acquainted with him, I have never known him to skip a meal.
Li Mei walked into the cafeteria looking for a place to sit when suddenly a voice called out to them from behind.
Old Man: Oh well hello there kids! Ah and Li Mei, how nice to see you!
It was an old man sitting at a table. Next to him, munching on some fine looking tuna was a little black kitty.
Li Mei: H-how did you know my name?”

Old man: Hmm? Oh um… I saw it… on your bag the other day! .. Come come! Sit! Have some food! Yumeh here was just telling me all about the different times of your past adventures!
Boq Boq gave Xeox a surprised look. This man! Could he possibly know about their Time Travels?? It couldn’t be...
Cessy: YUMEH!! Where have you been!
Cessy ran over to the table and immediately picked up Yumeh, squishing him in a giant hug
Yumeh: Meeoww! (I can’t breath, human!)

Li Mei: Yumeh! Oh my gosh you’ve like… Totally given us a heart attack! We all thought you ran away!

Old Man: Oh well now, curious thing that… Yesterday as I was heading to my room for a nap, this little critter must have slipped in behind me. I daresay I accidentally locked him in the room after I awoke from my nap! It wasn’t until the middle of last night I realized he was there. Pounced right on my chest while I was fast asleep! It really is no trouble. We have been enjoying each others company all morning while we waited for you to join us.”

Cessy: “Hey… how did you know Yumeh belonged with us?”

Old Man: oh well now… why the… deck manager of course! I overheard him speaking to the crew about a lost kitty. Please! Sit, sit! Have some food! There is plenty here for the lot of you!
The kids and Lei Mei all sat down with the old man. They were quite surprised to see that all their favorite foods were sitting at the table waiting for them. Even Boq Boq and Xeox went wide eyed when they saw their favorite bowl of Quisp cereal sitting before them. It wasn’t long before they all devoured their food. Yumeh sat purring contentedly in Cessy’s lap.
Li Mei: You know, like, I just realized we were so busy getting presents for everyone back home, we never stopped to get each other anything! Maybe there is a giftshop on board…

Old Man: Nonsense! Here here! Pass them around!
The old man handed out several bags, passing them around the table until each child had one. One by one they reached into their bags and let out a soft gasp.

For Li Mei, a dress of pure silk flowed out onto her hands. Her squeal of delight could only mean it was an item of the most current and up to date fashion trend. Meanwhile Xeox puzzled over the strange looking cylinder in her hand. Something that shouldn’t have existed on earth had somehow made its way to her hand. From this box that the old man had given her.

Boq Boq suddenly whooped. Darned it all if he didn’t have the most authentic sailor pirate hat you ever did see perched on top of his head. Cessy meanwhile ooed and awed over the most magical looking snow globe she had ever seen. It positively sparkled! Yumeh on the other hand purred affectionately at the shiny new crown that was placed atop his head.
Old Man: I do hope you enjoy! Well now, I think it’s time for me to be off! You kids have a great rest of your journey! I suspect we’ll be reaching Menewsha quite soon!
The old man stood up and said goodbye to everyone, the kids and Li Mei all said thank you for their gifts and he departed. It wasn’t long before the group decided they ought to head back to their room as well. As they walked back, Cessy and Li Mei chatted idly about their gifts
Boq Boq: Yes, that was quite nice of that Old Earth Man to give us these things.

Li Mei: Old man? What old man? Like, are you getting a bit sleepy after all that food?

Cessy: Boq Boq I think your hat might be on a little too tight! Those were the gifts we all got for each other, remember?

Boq Boq: O-oh… Yes… Yes of course, friend Cessy! And a galactic gift it is! I hope you like yours as well!
Boq Boq fell behind to the back of the group where Xeox was walking and gave her a look. From her surprised expression, it seemed that she remembered the old man too.
Xeox: How very strange, brother… How very strange indeed...

Last edited by The Time Machine; 01-04-2019 at 06:19 AM..