View Single Post
Arc Angel
Sure, I'll play with you-- in exchange for your immortal soul.

Old 09-01-2014, 02:59 AM

As his arm was caught, Amory's gaze sought that of Sam's, curiosity dancing in his eyes as his hand lingered on his arm. He had half a mind to put his free hand atop Sam's to keep it there, but he prevented that thought from becoming action. Instead, Amory sighed softly as he scratched his cheek. Was he feeling a tad shy at what might be implied? Amory didn't believe they had anything to worry over, but did they? Rather, Amory wasn't sure at this point of whether he wanted there to be something worth starting rumors about. He was certainly attracted to Sam now, yet he was unsure of how to take his words. Did he imply that he was not interested, or that he was and intended on acting on it, but they had to keep it a secret? Oh, but Amory must have been implying too much.

Shaking his head, Amory grinned at the other before quickly averting his gaze. "I am glad you are happy with your place here." He finally managed after a few moments, not having anything else to say without either showing his interest of feigning disinterest in him. Either way, he presumed those were both poor paths to go down at the moment. Maybe they were poor paths to cross at any moment. Amory was unsure of which was true as he stepped into the cab, quickly consumed by his own thoughts. "I really am rather tired." He assured the other as they both sat, feeling emotionally drained. He could truly use some rest after the past few days.

"It's just..." Amory began to explain his shivers, almost tempted to tell him of the incident the other night, but backing out of it at the last moment. "I'm just a bit cold. Always am, I guess." He finished quietly, words seemingly distant as he continued to gaze out the window. At the sight of the cops, his eyes focused in on the curb, much to his dismay. Lips parting as he saw the excess of blood, he quickly bit down on his bottom lip, perhaps a bit too hard. Cursing under his breath, he quickly released his lip to tear his gaze away from the window. Eyebrows knitting together, he found himself shivering once more. He was threatened to be killed. His old Don was murdered. Sam was beat up by thugs. Now... more blood was in the streets. The roads ran red for Amory, and this was a frightening reality. Would he be targeted again? Would it be someone he cared about this time, that died?

As they arrived not minutes later, Amory cleared his throat and tried to gather his composure again as he stepped out of the cab. He waited for Sam as needed before casually leading him to his apartment, opening the door with ease and removing his jacket almost immediately to hang. "It's not much, but it's home." He explained of the small studio, a tad sheepish to be showing this to Sam. Yet, his mind was still mostly occupied with his darker, earlier thoughts.