View Single Post
Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 02-06-2014, 03:07 PM

"This place will not suffice." Mannik muttered, reaching in to tug out another steak and biting it viciously. "Tomorrow, we will find a more comfortable place for you." Another night babysitting this girl? Mannik nerves already felt frayed, and the mere thought of this happening again tomorrow was more than he could take. It wasn't that he thought Adelmar couldn't survive here or would truly be uncomfortable, it was just that Mannik couldn't take having a girl holed up in his house.

"And I don't think you are out of blood." He continued, giving a small shrug. "But you can put them in danger just by not listening to orders. You come from Above." He shrugged again. "It doesn't mean you are a killer, but it does mean you stand around while people suffer and die around you all the time. Ignorant. I guess that's the word I would use."

Her next words brought up the lesson he'd had planned for tomorrow. It would be good for Adelmar to see the lesson as well. His frown deepened when Mannik began to speak again. "The previous teacher was taken up in a Decent. We couldn't get him back. He's dead. So, I'm able to hunt, I'm a good soldier, and I've been to Above. Those are basically the only qualifications I needed. Toss me a few of those." He nodded to the blankets. "And tomorrow, I'll be blindfolding you each time I pick a kid up or drop them off."

His tall form stood and moved around the room, reaching into the various shelves carved into the concrete. Various kinds of guns were removed from their hidey holes, the ammunition was taken out, and placed into the pockets in Mannk's pants, shirt, and vest. He even tugged out a sheath of crudely made arrows, placing them all in the little corner where he'd eaten his dinner.

"So...come on then..." Mannik gave an awkward jerk towards the wall. "Guess I've got to search you before we go to sleep..." Oh god...now he couldn't even look at her! What had Sarah been thinking? On top of having the girl in here and with the children, she would have known this would be necessary, and Mannik had enough problems with her in his house. He certainly did not want to be touching her. And she'd probably be disgusted, thinking he was just some pervert trying to cop a feel. This was just a mess he didn't want to be in.

Last edited by Kisu; 02-06-2014 at 07:15 PM..