View Single Post
Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-23-2015, 11:26 PM

Day One StoryX

Welcome to Croftmoor, a small, sleepy mountain town, here in the heart of America, where life moves at an easy pace. With such an ideal and serene setting, one couldn’t imagine living here would be anything but perfect. But nestled high above Croftmoor, hidden within its thickly wooded slopes, sits the abode of the Sewards, an average, happy family--- who shares their home with a dark presence.

Shadow figures, strange noises and restless nights are only a few of the mysteries we can expect from the Seward house. Mysteries that we have just one night to unravel.

My name is Ananda Johar, and this is…

The Sewards live here, tucked away on Croftmoor’s densely forested mountainside. It is a rugged, yet attractive, two-story craftsman home, whose lovely exterior belies the darkness within.

The Seward family consists of: Husband Franklin, a school teacher by trade. His veterinarian wife, Katherine. Eldest daughter, Annabelle. Twins, Miles and Eloise. And their grandmother, Ruby.

The family has made the house their home for more than a decade, but it is only within the past couple of years that their peaceful lives have take a sinister turn.

Tonight, the Sewards have invited myself, our resident medium, Sterling Weber, and the entire Ghost Quest team here, in hopes of getting to the bottom of these strange goings-on.

But tonight isn’t just any night. Tonight is Halloween, a time when some say the worlds between the living and the dead are at their closest. Will the spirits rise to the occasion? Just wait and see.

Roscoe: Cut! Good work, Ana. Okay, let’s move these cameras into the sitting room. [talking into his walkie-talkie] Gimmie the status on those surveillance cams, Mike? [he walks away]
Ananda: [shivering a bit] My word, it does get chilly up in the mountains, doesn’t it?
Franklin: I could turn on the heat…
Sterling: [abruptly] No. The house needs to stay at ambient temperature.
Franklin: [slightly taken aback] Oh, I see…
Ananda: [smiling] Don’t mind Sterling’s brusqueness, that’s just the way he is.
Miles: [approaching Sterling] Hey, tell me my future.
Sterling: [frowning] [in monotone] I’m a medium, kid, not a psychic.
Franklin: [laughing weakly] Miles, let the nice man be.
Ruby: Medium? I would think at least a large. [she cackles, and Miles joins in]
Annabelle: [sighs] Do we all need to be here for this?
Sterling: If you want to reclaim your house, everyone in the family needs to be present.
Eloise: [to Ananda] Can you really get rid of the ghost?
Ananda: Well I can promise you that we’re going to try our very best, sweetheart.
Ruby: But if he's tall and handsome, just send 'im to Granny's room! Ha!
Miles & Eloise: Ewwwwww!
Katherine: [quickly trying to change the subject] I can’t thank you all enough for coming out here. We’re just at a loss at how to deal with this… problem.
Ananda: It’s our pleasure.
Katherine: The incidents seemed so small at first, but in this past year they’ve really ramped up. My family can’t live like this, and I worry so much for my children.
Ananda: Well there’s no need to fret now. We’re here to help. [taking Katherine’s hand] You seem like a really good mother, Katherine. I admire that.
Katherine: Thank you. -- Do you have any children of your own?
Ananda: Not yet, but I hope to someday. Just haven’t met the right man yet... or the right turkey baster.
Katherine: Well, should the time come, I’m sure you’ll be a fantastic mother.
Ananda: Truth be told, the prospect frightens me a little.
Katherine: You’ll be fine. I know it. When I was pregnant with Annabelle, I was a nervous wreck. I was so uncertain on how I would handle motherhood. But one night I went to bed and had a dream. An angel came to me and put its hands on my belly. It said not to worry; my little girl was going to be special. And you know, when I woke up the next day, all my fears were gone.
Annabelle: You should stop telling that story, mom. It makes you sound crazy.
Anada: [reassuring Katherine] I think it’s lovely.
Roscoe: [returning] Agreed. Save it, and we’ll work it into the interview. Now, if we could get the family to move to the sitting room, we’ll get started on those right now.

[The Sewards exit, leaving Ananda, Roscoe and Sterling, who stands blankly, studying the house with a concerned look on his face.]

Roscoe: [waving a hand in front of the younger man] Hey, Sterling buddy, you alive?
Sterling: [talking to no one in particular] I wasn’t convinced this place was haunted. Heading up the road, I couldn’t feel anything. But now that we’re here… I’m confused.
Ananda: How so?
Sterling: There’s something strange about this house.
Roscoe: [amused] Ha! Stranger than ghosts? What are we dealing with, leprechauns?
Sterling: [serious] There’s an energy here I’ve never felt before. And I can’t seem to pinpoint what it is. But it doesn’t feel right.
Ananda: [trying to keep a good natured tone] Sterling stop, you’re starting to frighten me.
Roscoe: I wouldn’t sweat it. You’re just a little off your game right now. Once we go lights out and split up to investigate, I’m sure you’ll have this thing pegged in no time.
Sterling: I hope so.
Ananda: Do you already have a feel for where you need to go?
Sterling: I do. Above all others, there’s one room in this house I’m being drawn to. It’s calling to me. I just don’t know what I expect to find.

Day One ResultsX

Annabelle's Bedroom
Annabelle: "There are six of us here, but most of the stuff that goes on in this house seems to happen to me. I don't know why i'm the focus. It sucks. Sometimes in the middle of the night, i'll wake up but... I won't be fully awake, y'know? It's like i'm in this fuzzy dream state. I know it's in the room, and I want to see who it is, but my body won't move."
(+1 Raffle Point)

Attic
Amongst the dust and boxes and old family heirlooms waited something more. A sinister force you were unable to escape.
(End of Investigation - See F.A.Q.)

Kitchen
Franklin - "I'd been in the office for hours grading book reports and it was well past midnight. I was famished, so I got up and headed to the kitchen for some leftovers and coffee. Afterward, I was standing over the sink, washing my plate, when I look up and catch a quick glimpse out the window of something standing in the woods. It was gone before my brain could properly register what it was, but it definitely looked like a figure. I raced outside and called out, but there was no one there."
(Dinner, Fruit Cake & Hot Mocha Latte)

Laundry Room
Ruby - "It was just 'bout time to hit the hay, when I remembered there was laundry to be done. Granny had a hot date the next day and she always likes to look her best. I was pleasantly surprised to find in a pair of hot pants, some cash I thought I'd lost. This meant I would be able to make bingo that weekend. And that's when I heard it. Like the sound of somethin' in the walls. At first I thought it might've been rats, but this noise was too large to have been just rats. Straight up gave me the heebie jeebies. This ol' gal didn't stick around for long after that."
(+500g )

Living Room
Eloise - "It was the day of our birthday party, Miles and me. All our friends were there and we got so many presents. It was awesome. My aunt Betty and uncle Barney sent me a new pair of shoes and a card with some money in it. That night I was in my room, when I realized that I left the card downstairs. I was sleepy, but wanted to put the money in my piggy back. So I went down to the living room to get it. I was looking around when I started to feel cold on my back. I looked over my shoulder and saw the shadow of a person, but it wasn't flat against the wall. It was like a shadow in the air. I was so scared! I ran up to my room and locked the door, without the card or money."
(+600g )

Master Bedroom
Katherine - "My family knows that when it comes to scary movies, i'm as chicken as can be. But when it comes to murder mysteries, thrillers and horror novels, that's a different story. They've always been my guilty pleasure. I recall I was sitting up in bed reading the newest monster novel by Whitman Striever. It was past eleven and Franklin was asleep beside me. Suddenly, I had this uncomfortable feeling that I was being watched. I tried to brush it off, but the feeling would not pass. It really felt like someone, or something, was in the room with us."
(It's a MONSTER!)

Miles' Bedroom
Miles - "Mom and Dad didn't know I was up late one night playing Captain Meteor on my GameStation. I had just unlocked the energy blast ability when I heard somethin', like voices in the hall. I couldn't understand the words, but I knew it wasn't my sisters or parents. Part of me wanted to go and see who it was, but I was too scared to look."
(Super Powers to the MAX!)

Workshop
After all your years of paranormal investigation, orbs are not an uncommon phenomenon. But this one is unlike anything you've ever seen. It's so bright and feels so powerful. What could it mean?

Where is everybody?X

--Annabelle's Bedroom
Angel Spirit Girl - o_o
Arinia Dreamdancer - o_o
babyblueyez25 - o_o
Cardinal Biggles - o_o
Cora - o_o
dragoness129 - o_o
LizzyCollinsDeArc - o_o
Midian - o_o
Nephila - o_o
Rochiel Silverfire - o_o
salvete - o_o
SaraviBoo - o_o
Velvet - o_o

--Attic
Car'a'Carn - o_o
Divacita - o_o
HIM_ROCK - o_o
hummy - o_o
Kay - o_o
Kent - o_o
numerica - o_o
star2000shadow - o_o
Xogizmoox - o_o

--Kitchen
Chexala - o_o
musasgal - o_o
Roxxxy - o_o
woohoohelloppl - o_o

--Laundry Room
GummyBearKisses - o_o
GwenaHikari - o-o
KatMagenta - o_o
Knerd - o_o
~LONGCAT~ - o_o
Nema - o_o
Roachi - o_o
wish - o_o
zigbigadorlube - o_o

--Living Room
EirianHikari - o_o
Hadsvich - o_o
sadrain - o_o
Xo~GREMLIN~oX - o_o

--Master Bedroom
Damia Flagg - o_o
Mimmu - o_o
Naisou - o_o
Q U E E N - o_o
Razak - o_o
shinigamikarasu - o_o

--Miles' Bedroom
Mageling - o_o
xoxoAngiexoxo - o_o

--Workshop
blueblackrose - o_o
Dystopia - o_o
JadaRyl - o_o
Lavida - o_o
Miscreat74 - o_o
SuperZombiePotatoe - o_o

Last edited by Captain Howdy; 10-31-2015 at 08:00 PM..