Thread: Social Sciences
View Single Post
Esmme
See you later, Cole. "How do you know?"

Old 01-30-2012, 08:09 AM

"It's fine," Ray watched Daphne while she talked, and turned to try to wash his hands when she started messing with her hair. He didn't mind it when she "rambled." If anything, it filled what was a potentially awkward silence. Without saying a word, Koon kept his blue eyes on her while Laine spoke of her talent.

"Undecided?" Ray's gaze filled with laughter that never reached his lips. It swiftly changed to an ironic smile. "Most people just don't know what they want to do. Nothing specific calls to them, yet they want to further themselves and become the best worker possible." It was his turn to start on with nonsense. "I suppose it's what drives us. There's a certain amount of satisfaction in doing something we enjoy. There's more satisfaction in a job well done." Put them together, and voila!

There was a moment when the charcoal became the focus of their conversation, and Ray noticed her fingers were just as filthy as his own. "I like it," he said, shrugging one shoulder. He caught the gangster who'd given him trouble miming the conversation that Ray was having with Daphne, and it brought a frown to his features. "It has a certain charm."
The dark stains on his fingertips would take more than one wash to fade, but he was content as it was. As long as the charcoal didn't spread elsewhere, he was fine. Glancing in the mirror that hung beside the sink, Koon sighed quietly. "As if I needed another reason for people to stare at me," he muttered under his breath, reaching up to wipe the charcoal from his cheek. As he was cleaning himself up, Ray glanced to the girl beside him once again. He obviously enjoyed looking at her.

"Do you have a favorite medium?" This was his first try at a decent conversation in a few days, and Ray was mentally floundering for topics. Obviously it wasn't charcoal.

((:XD I know what you mean! I have a feeling long posts are soon going to disappear. . . . LOL!))