Thread: Shot Me Down
View Single Post
Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 05-12-2014, 04:57 AM

Andrew looked up, closed his eyes, trying to understand what Joey described. But he couldn't. Seeing a river or lake was one thing, but trying to comprehend the vastness of an ocean without actually having seen it before was hard to do. Impossible, really. He gave up and sighed, instead thinking about those forests. The mystery, the beauty, the color. The color. That was what he wanted to see. He wanted to see flowers of every kind, dirt and grass all over, rivers and lakes and little streams and the danger that existed there. The ocean was probably gorgeous, but the forests called to him more. He wanted to know of the natives that lived, there, who formed permanent settlements, lived in longhouses. He wanted to see a longhouse.

"I want to see the forests..." He sighed, leaning forward and placing the empty leaf in the fire. "The oceans... would be nice. But I'm sure White would love the shade of the forests. Her skin is sensitive under the sun all day..." He looked behind him, following where Joey was until he returned. "Yeah...? I never did that..." He hadn't done much when he was younger. "I didn't even know these things existed..." He stared at the glowing insect in awe as it crawled on the glass inside the jar.