View Single Post
Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 06-24-2018, 01:55 PM

June 24, 2018,

I just finished week one of a Level 2 certification in Orff. I did my Level 1 about 5 years ago. They pretty much offer level 1 every year...but Level 2 and 3 aren't offered as often because most people don't go past Level 1. Therefore, less and less people sign up for Level 2 and then Level 3...because of that, it takes more time to get enough people to fill up the course.

Since I took Orff Level 1 5 years ago...last year was the first time they offered Orff Level 2 in Florida. I signed up for last year's Level 2 and then was offered 3 weeks of extra-paid work for the school board at the same time as Level 2. I decided to take the money and sign up for Level 2 in South Carolina last summer instead...the money I was making MORE than covered the cost of the course, going up to South Carolina, and staying there for 2 weeks.

Unfortunately, about 2 weeks before the Level 2 in South Carolina was offered...they cancelled it due to lack of sign-ups.

I was SOL...couldn't take it last summer.

I was ECSTATIC to find out that they actually had enough people to offer Level 2 in Florida AGAIN this summer. So I'm taking it now.

I truly truly truly hope that next summer they will have enough people to offer Level 3 so I can complete the levels! I don't want to have to wait another 5 years OTL