View Single Post
Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)っ ♥

Old 01-07-2013, 02:58 AM

"Something tells me that you've gotten more than a "little" in your lifetime, Crispin," Cass said, smiling softly as she examined the engine. It was only because of her experience with vehicles that she could identify how most of it worked. Some of the parts were completely foreign to her, specifically created for the purpose of making it fly. Turning to her guards as on actually pulled out his pistol halfway before he realized Crispin was merely catching his goggles, she said, "You guys go and set up a perimeter or something. Leave one here, but go around the walls. You all are entirely too jumpy to do a good job of guarding me."

The lot of them hesitated only a few moments before they dispersed, choosing strategic positions around the large, open room. "I'm dreadfully sorry for that," she apologized, causing the remaining guard to blush as he continued to scan the area for potential threats.

The thought that the machine was fine did brighten her mood a bit, an effect only magnified by the thought of it being ready for a test flight soon. "Truly, I would be a fool to expect anything less by now," she said, still smiling though a bit weaker. She had been hoping to sneak on without his permission, but it seemed that that plan wouldn't come to fruition.

"Knowing father, that wouldn't be much of a surprise," she replied, remembering the horrified expression on his face when she'd told him of her idea. It had taken weeks of pointing out the benefits to the Empire for him to agree with her. But the thought of being able to fly it on her birthday brought the grin back to her face in full in addition to the irresistible urge to wrap Crispin in a hug and thank him repeatedly, all with the added bonus of giving the guard next to her a heart attack.

"Speaking of my birthday, will you be at the party?" she said, wincing as she did so. It was almost expected of everyone who was anyone to be there, though that was mainly because the Lords and Ladies of the Houses wanted to make sure that the Emperor saw their support. All of the political scheming was rather disgusting at times. "You know how Papa loves to throw large parties for Mother and I."