View Single Post
Wyrmskyld
(っ◕‿◕)っ ♥

Penpal

Old 01-07-2013, 06:43 AM

"Yes... they're very protective, like I said. They don't want my voice ruined." Genna looked down, feeling a little embarrassed. Inspiration struck her suddenly. No one would think it odd if a singer was careful of her throat, and singers came from all walks of life. "I sing, you see..."

Elze's offer surprised Genna, and she returned the curtsy with one of her own and a shy smile. "Thank you! Thank you so much!"

Meanwhile, Della was sulking and nursing the last glass slowly. She'd been so excited when the infamous Mischief had started paying attention to her, but the day had been steadily going downhill since then. First, they'd run into a former client of hers, whose sneering remarks had started the fight that evicted them from the tavern near the Bronze Warehouse where she usually did her drinking. Then, he started flirting with that babyfaced little twit. And now he was refusing to buy drinks for her!

To add insult to injury, the silver-clad waif offered to pay for anything Genna wanted to drink! Seething, Della determined to get his attention back. To get everyone's attention. She set her glass down and linked her arm with Mischief's. "Mischief, baby... wanna dance? Maybe Genna can sing for us."

Genna looked up, intrigued. "I've never really sung for a crowd like this... I'd like to try, though."

Before anyone could respond, Genna hurried over to the player piano. It took only a moment to find the switch to shut down the playing mechanism, and the music resumed as soon as her fingers found the keys. Giddily aware that all eyes in the tavern were on her, Genna launched into a lively tune from a popular comic opera. Her clear voice cut through all other noises in the bar. By the time she was done, everyone in the room was singing along, at least on the chorus, and she was inundated with requests for more.

Della's expression grew cold and she clenched Mischief's arm tightly. Then, the final straw, the bartender set a wooden bowl on top of the piano. A bowl that quickly filled up with tips for the impromptu performance. She began trying to pull Mischief toward the door. "Let's get out of here."