View Single Post
Popcorn Gun
(。⌒∇⌒)。

Penpal

Old 01-07-2008, 04:26 AM

I'd love to take the Challenge!
Love to read, and it's a brand new year.
For the now (due to school) my goal will be the minimum fifty.

Books Popcorn's read

` Savannah Breeze- MAry Kay Andrews
page count: 431 w/o recipes in the back
It's a nice, read, especially for the older crowd 30+
(Although I'm much younger > w < I really enjoyed it). Main charatcer Bebe Loudermilk seems to be ontop of the world...that is until a smooth talking con-man manages to take it all away, how will she handle solve her problems?? Will she ever get her old comfortable life back?? Read to find out.
-----------------

` Beyond the Burning Time - Kathryn Lasky
page count: 265 w/o authors note.
This is a historical fiction book set during the times of the Salem Witch trials. In goes in and gives the motives, emotions, and the lies behind the trials.
------------------------

` The Tenth Circle - Jodi Picoult
page count: 387 (includes the comic pages)
This is a book, that kind of trials off, it doesn't really end, so much as it fades out.

It's about a family that drifts away from each other, there's infidelity, plenty of lying, and crime.
Despite the ending it's a nice read.

Side note: There are comic pages in the book (the father in the book is a comic artist, he's working on a story based on his own hardships). Later on in the book you find out that tin the pages are hidden letters, and the letters spell out the them of the book. I won't spoil it though. Go read it.
------------------

` Keeping the Moon- Sarah Dessen
page count: 228
recommened age: teens (mainly female)

This books tells the story of a girl, who is able to open up (after gaining an undeserved reputation at school) and become comfortable with herself during a summer "get-away". She gains some new friends and learns some life lessons.
----------------------

` Johnny Tremain - Ester Forbes
page count: ???
Yet another historical fiction book. THis one is set in colonial times about 1773+. During prerevolutionary and during revolutionary times. The books main focus isn't really just the war, it's about coming of age, everyday life, and the change. And even though it happened quick a while ago, it's still relevant.
------------------
` Vanishing Acts- Jodi Picoult (done.)
page count ::

-------------------
` Black Boy - Richard Wright
autobiography
page count :: 368

-------------------
` Kissed by an Angel -
--------------------
` Uglies -
--------------
`

Last edited by Popcorn Gun; 02-07-2009 at 06:02 AM..