View Single Post
Arc Angel
Sure, I'll play with you-- in exchange for your immortal soul.

Old 05-29-2012, 06:41 AM

Another soft rustle of wind lifted the page corners of the book Ai held, her slender fingers holding the remainder snugly in place so that she continue on reading. The book wasn't all that fascinating, really. She'd read it before, and caught onto its meaning easily enough then, but why read it again? She supposed she'd rather do that than attempt to make mindless conversation with the two girls further out in the courtyard. Or, even, interrupt Lady Kingsley whom she'd seen wander out alone earlier. Still, her mother's voice prodded her, 'How are you to meet a husband when you're acting as a recluse?' Lifting her gaze from the page, she closed her book decidedly and stood up from the bench of the porch.

A soft sigh left her as she moved to lean casually on the railing of the ground-level porch. Looking out over the bit of scenery there, her mind cleared just a bit, and she relaxed. It was rather pretty outside, and while the environment was nothing like the eastern climate of Kyoku's, she was easily growing fond of it. The gentle spring breeze was definitely a contributing factor to that. A small smile lit her face as it blew past her once more, one of her hands rising to withdraw strands of hair from her face as she closed her eyes for a moment to enjoy it and the pleasant sunlight.

The idea of horsebackriding came to mind, but with whom would she go? Dare she go alone? She mused that her father wasn't here to stop her from doing just that, but at the same time, she didn't know her way around these parts so well and what would happen on the occasion of her getting lost wasn't so appealing. It had happened before back at home, she doubted the same wouldn't happen in this foreign place. Her smile faded the slightest bit as thoughts once again crowded her mind; she'd come outside in hopes of dismissing them.

"Perhaps I'd better find the others, then," she then spoke aloud softly, running a hand through her finally-loose hair before picking up her book. Royalty in the morning would be-- ah yes, eating. Breakfast. Breakfast hadn't even crossed her mind as of yet, but eating then became rather appealing to her taste. Then turning as if to head inside, another caught her eye and made her pause in her tracks. A full-fledged smile graced her lips and she nodded to him casually, "Sir Winters, good morning." While she didn't know him all too well, he was still a fairly familiar face and she was glad to see him again. Noting his direction and somewhat hopeful that she may have some company to the kitchen, she then asked, "You wouldn't happen to be heading in for breakfast as well, would you?"

( I'm leaving Jasper to sleep for now... I have a plan for a little later for him. )