View Single Post
Ted D Ber
(っ◕‿◕)っ ♥

Old 06-18-2012, 04:39 PM

I intend to have it be a short gay summer romance with a bit of my humor in it.
Heres what I've got so far (My apologies if it offends anyone):
Quote:
“Mom I’ll be fine. Just relax.”
She stuffed a third bottle of sunscreen in to my duffle bag, already looking like it was about to explode.
“I know Teddy; I just want to make sure you have everything you need.” She said in an overly sweet tone. From an outside point of view most people would think that she was a genuinely concerned mother, but being her son for the last twelve years I had known otherwise. She actually just wanted to make sure I didn’t have any excuse to bother her on her vacation from me.
“Summer camp is only 2 weeks; I really don’t think I’ll need 50 pairs of underwear.” Unfortunately I was not exaggerating. Mom continued to justify the multitudes of unnecessary things she stuffed in to the bursting vessel. I figured it was best not to protest anymore, tomorrow I’d be off to camp for my first time making all sorts of friends and doing some awesomely fun activities, far away from her motherly nagging.
I sent my best friend Ryan a text.
“heyy. gonna miss u man. wish we coulda hung out b4 i left :(.”
Lately he hadn’t had a whole lot of time for me. His whole life was about girls it seemed. He’d been going out with this girl Chelsea for the last month; and when he wasn’t with her he was seeing other girls on the side. Girls were so easy for him, he was buff, tan, handsome, and that smile of his was killer. Not like me, I was a scrawny little white boy, shaggy hair, and completely awkward. Honestly we were a very unlikely pair, and I think the only reason he kept me around was because I had so much dirt on him. I’m not sure exactly why I like him so much, he treats me like garbage. Maybe it’s my low self-esteem.
I waited for a text back until about 10:30 when I decided to go to bed. It was nearly 3 am when I was awoken by his response. I rubbed my eyes and reached for my phone off of my nightstand to look at the text.
“k. thnx.”
That wasn’t even worth waking up for. I got up to go take a wiz, doing my zombie walk down the hall in to the bathroom. After which I struggled to get back to sleep. I stared absently at the clock watching hour by hour go by. BAM! I looked over at my doorway to see my mom standing there a large grin beaming across her face.
“Awe, honey, you’re so excited you couldn’t sleep! That is so adorable! Now get up and get out; the bus is going to be here in less than an hour!”
I’m pretty sure the happiness I her tone was just that I would be gone.
“Besides, I have a guy coming over, and the last thing I want him to think is that I have a kid.” She mumbled to herself.
“I heard that! Real good parenting.” I rolled my eyes.
Her face turned in to a sinister glare. “Just hurry up and get the fuck out you little twerp.”
Now that’s the mom I know and pretend to love.
I went in to my dresser to find I only had one outfit left; the bitch packed everything. So without much of a choice I put on a pair of jean cut offs that were cut off a bit too high and a once white shirt that had been washed with a red sock making it an awful pale pink color. The socks she left didn’t even match, so I opted to wear flip flops instead. I reached for my duffle bag and was barely able to lift it off the ground. I tried to push it and it wouldn’t budge.
“What’s taking you so long!” my mom yelled from the other room. Apparently she had decided to completely drop the ‘sincere’ mom act.
Ryan would’ve been able to lift this no problem; I really wish he was here. With a deliberate grunt I was able to heave my bag off of the ground and waddle my way out the door. I had often wondered if fat people waddle because of the weight or their own gravitational pull forcing them to move from side to side. For me it was my bony legs not being able to lift themselves from the enormous amount of pressure the bag exerted on them.
Thats about half of it
I haven't actually gotten to camp yet
I think that 2000 word limit is whats scaring me most lols

---------- Post added 06-18-2012 at 08:40 AM ----------

and yes I'd love any feed back I can get