View Single Post
keysburger
Like a Cheeseburger but not

Old 08-21-2012, 03:06 AM

Chris smirked at Ana's excitement for the upcoming match, and felt a small surge of pride as she put her hand on his arm. He let out a hearty laugh at her comment about him holding back, trying to mask his concern. Of course she was right, he could not adversely effect the trials just for his own concern.

Oh, Ana, the way you've been training, you may hand me a loss before your mutation!

She had washed away any awkward feelings he had so easily that it reminded Chris of why he wanted to get to know her better. The thought occured to him that she may not even know of how she became who she was, since she had no recollection (as far as he knew) of her past. However, Chris knew that she grew up in Pylae, making her almost "bred" for the resistance movement. No one was more loyal than her to the cause of dethroning Harrow, and freeing the world from the clutches of the Dark "Presidency". Chris was gradually building his resovle, and becoming more himself around Ana. He was very comfortable and secure around everyone in Vis, especially women, but Ana always made his words either clam up in his throat or spew forth too fast to control. It was almost as if she were intoxicating.

Chris turned to Corey and shook his hand. Chris barely ever said the right thing to this guy, or at least Chris thought he never said the right thing. He always got barely any response at all, the guy was so dang introverted. Still, Chris was always trying to find out as much as he could about everyone.

Hello, Corey. We were just going to go to Palmer's lab to see about Project X. would you like to come with us and represent the Spy division? I'm sure Palmer has some useful things in store for you guys as well as the soldier division.

Things were finally starting to move along. I certainly hope Palmer is ready for us; I have a feeling we are going to need to start really fighting back sooner rather than later. I just have this stirring feeling in my gut...