View Single Post
Precarious Fool
Are you kitten me right meow?

Old 06-27-2016, 12:14 PM

The water was amazing, even if it wasn't as cool as she'd like. At least her throat only flt like it was slightly on fire now. May frowned, looking away. "Sorry about that, I've never been very good with blood..." She muttered, a bit ashamed of the fact. It had been a sore issue for her, since in her field, and classes, she had been forced to dissect various rodents. Each time she felt sick for days at the images of it that remained. Having it done on her own leg was worse and apparently she hadn't been able to handle it.

"I feel alright, I suppose. As good as can be expected. I wish I could be useful, though." She could hear Collin and Dr. Rider talking outside, they mentioned a tent. Apparently she had been out quite awhile, and in that time the guys had managed to set up camp. "Thank you for taking such good care of me." Of course it wasn't like he had a choice, she was helpless and he didn't seem like the type to just let someone die. Either way, she was sure she was still alive thanks to him and Collin's work. Before she could say much else her stomach growled and she laughed nervously. "Is there anything to eat?" They hadn't eaten all day, and surely they would be getting hungry as well. She wouldn't mind helping, but she doubted she would even be able to move on her own, useless as she was.

Collin groaned and nodded in Dr. Rider's direction. His head had stopped spinning but he felt weak and tired, and hungry, and thirsty as well. Nothing felt right and he wanted to jump up and fix everything, to find food and water but his body wasn't responding. He could hear voices, May was awake and talking to Will. At least she seemed to be in the clear, for now anyways, if infection set in he didn't know what they'd do. Without a good source of clean water, they would be in trouble.

It took a few moments for the sickness to pass enough for him to stand up. "We need to eat something, then try and get some sleep. Hopefully the food will have washed up by the morning..." He wasn't all that confident in that statement, if they had left the food chest open, it was likely all floating loose and ruined. Perhaps they could salvage a few things, but nowhere near what they'd all need. What they needed most was fresh water, though, as he was sure there would be fish and fruits and other things to eat on the island. Hopefully in the equipment Dr. Rider brought, and what may have been found, they would have something to test the water, or purify it, if they managed to find fresh water. What good would it do to survive the wreck and they get sick from the water?

Leaving the tent he stumbled over to where Will and May sat, just in time to hear May discussing food as well. "We need to eat."