View Single Post
Amaitae
(っ◕‿◕)っ ♥
Penpal

Old 03-24-2011, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stories Whispered View Post
I must insist on disagreeing. Not all weeaboos/otaku are trying to be Japanese. Some of my otaku friends even despise the idea,because of otaku-ism "overtaking the Japanese nation". And mostly manga and anime are about expression of emotions and comical purposes,NOT about style.
That's also why in anime,VOICE ACTING is KEY. That's also why they sell drama CD's for manga reading.
I would consider it in more of the Drama/Fine arts field,but it's still an art,nonetheless.
Although drawing it took me my whole life to master.
I understand this, and I am merely, "reporting" I guess I should call it, what I have personally heard from my fellow colleges. Yes, not ALL otakus are that way. I did not say that. But we cannot deny there are people that behave like that, and the group that does irritates many people, among them, artists.
And yes, I agree manga/anime IS art, like I said in my first statement. I DO, however, have to stand by my opinion in that the manga style is mostly formulated and much easier to master than, say, painting realism and the stereotypical "fine art paintings."