View Single Post
Seiki Nova
Wishing on Shooting Stars

Old 09-24-2012, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferra View Post
Yeah, I'm planning on staying the full 5 years of my contract (I have to renew every year for up to five years) so that last move will be kind of annoying. But the contract limits recently changed, so it's probably based on the old system.

I try to do different styles whenever I can. I like to try new things, but there's definitely some styles I suck at. Avatars wearing normal clothes or cutesy outfits are really hard for me. Especially if they're non-matching. I try not to be super matchy-matchy, but I pretty much always put some color balance into the design.

Yeah, my social life died when in my last two years of uni. I was super social in my first two years since I was still living close to home and I was one of the few people who could drive (I was 16 - 18 years old then). But then I moved over an hour away and no one, seriously no one, ever bothered to come visit me. I always had to go back home or farther south to see my old friends. I didn't really hit things off with my dorm-mates either, so I just focused on school work.

I hope you find a car that works for you! And dang, I'm glad that you're not burnt out at least. I'd be dead if I was doing your schedule. XD I'd just want to sleep all the time.
I do just want to sleep all the time. Problem is, I have too much to do to sleep properly so I either don't sleep or oversleep and don't actually get much done. It's really crappy. It's my first semester doing this whole full time student full time worker thing so I just need to figure out a good way to balance all of my obligations properly. It would help if I had a morning job. I would rather wake up early, go to work/school, and be done early so that I have the rest of the day to get my work done. But instead I have an afternoon/evening job that means I get home around 1030 and then I'm up late trying to get all my school work and personal stuff done and then I don't sleep until 3 or 4 in the morning and I just sleep until I have to get up at 10 to get ready for school/work. /rant.

The social life thing is interesting for me. First semester I wasn't really that social because I didn't really know anyone yet; all of my friends lived at home and I lived nearly an hour east of my house depending on traffic conditions and I didn't have my car first semester to drive back and forth. Second semester I got a lot more active, but now I'm living at home because it's cheaper and I really miss living on campus.

I think I have the same problem breaking out of my avatar style. Like I've been working on trying to make a new avatar since I started this thread, and I finally came up with this one, which isn't my usual type of avatar. It was a lot of work though, and I don't know if I'm entirely happy with it. I don't know if I like the gradient or the color combination, and I think some of the items are just there for color and not because they fit but I'm calling it quits because I know I'll fall back into my usual stuff and I know that means I'll stick with my tried and trusted layers and item combinations.

Yeah, the last move is going to be dumb. You'll only be there for the one year after that move.

@ Game of Thrones; my mom has been trying to get my to watch Game of Thrones, and I won't do it. Not that it doesn't look interesting, but I really want to read the books first and I know that I don't have time to read them right now.

I've never heard of Person of Interest.