View Single Post
Seiki Nova
Wishing on Shooting Stars

Old 09-25-2012, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferra View Post
I never changed my hairstyle/color until the system changed, so I guess it was 9 months or so? I forget exactly. But I've never looked back. Trying to make any avatars in my current style using that hair always results in failure. There were a few things I missed, like having non-manly bases if we wanted to, but I think the improvements far outweighed the losses.

Yeah, I agree. Two of my college years were "free" but thankfully my parents offered to pay for the multitude of fees that stacked up. But it sounds like you have a solid plan for funding your trip to England which is way better than what I did. I just applied for a job overseas and hoped for the best. I'm so lucky I got it or I would have been screwed financially.

Likewise, I haven't traveled much in the US. I've only been to states on the west coast, and I haven't even been to the bigger cities in California. I went there for a wedding so I wasn't free to travel and sight-see. How was Oklahoma?
I figure it will all work out. We'll see how things go, but I know my parents can't afford to help out. They'll do what they can of course, but I wouldn't ever insist on them paying my way for me if I can help it.

Oklahoma is generally pretty boring. It's a midwestern state so obviously it's very small town and family oriented, which is something that I'm not used to. And there's a lot of religion which makes me angry so I try not to visit too often. But I have family there. It's nice for small visits, but I can't stay for long periods of time.

Plus, they deep fry/fry everything and I don't need to gain even more weight.

Cora, I had kind of a cruddy day as well. Right now I'm doing a bit of homework for English. I have an exam due at midnight tomorrow, but I'm going on a day-trip up north to see Sedona and visit Meteor Crater outside of Flagstaff with my best friend. We're going to be leaving at 7AM which is super early for me, and hopefully getting back around 8PM-ish. Plenty of time to do my exam if I can finish preparing. I just needed a break because I just got done writing explications for the 24 different readings we've done in the past three weeks. Now I just need to finish my essay outlines for the four possible essay prompts that are going to show up on the exam so I can write them quickly within the 95 minutes we have for the exam.

The good news is that this time I'm much more prepared for the exam whereas the first time I forgot about it until the last minute and kind of wigged out and had to rush through it. I finished with 19 seconds to spare, but I forgot a title for my essay and some of my explications were off because I confused my readings/poems/authors. I got an 85 on that exam, but I can do so much better!

Hi Cherrypie! :D