Thread: Forgotten Wars
View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-18-2014, 07:07 AM

Steel listened intently, barely daring to breathe unless he missed a word that Lee said. He found himself closing his eyes to let the feelings was over him and to encourage the memories to come. He felt...something. He was sure the memories were close and that they wanted to be remembered now, but a door still kept them out of sight. Some things leaked through though, mostly emotions. Most of it was warmth, like from his dream, but he felt something different when Lee mentioned the death of his aunt. He had a brief flash of being next to Lee, holding his hand and nearly in tears himself over the whole ordeal. Sad and kind emotions flooded him so strongly he turned his head away and struggled to contain them. It was just a memory.

"Yeah, I think I remember. I...I held your hand and told you I could be your family instead," Steel said quietly. "We were very close. Please, tell me more. I keep feeling things and I really want to feel more!" He was practically desperate to feel more of his emotions and memories come back. He turned his head back to look at Lee. If his hands were free, he would have lifted a hand to hold it over his beating heart. It amazed him how clearly he could feel that heart beat.