Thread: Lotus Tears
View Single Post
Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 07-08-2017, 10:14 PM

"But it is that very cyclical nature of it that makes what should seem a simple task so sacred. The gods' created the cycle, and it is our duty as part of their creations to be part of that cycle. You are guarding your own slice of their creation." He smiled as he said this, not sure if Wufei understood his meaning, but certain in his heart that those words were true. The gods made everything and part of that creation was the duties of humanity.

He paused before answering Wufei's second question, when he finally spoke his words were carefully chosen, but no less honest, "Are you not a prisoner of this war? Who has been taken from your home, whether by choice or not, it still has taken you away. To only be captured by the enemy and tortured? I do believe in some ways that must make you a victim. But further than that, I believe we are all in ways victims of this war. It has disrupted our way of life, and disrupted our life cycles. Disrupted that very plan the gods have. It is man's choice to were, not the gods' intention, I believe. And for that, all of us must be in some way victims."