View Single Post
ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 01-20-2016, 08:41 PM

As Nyx started pulling the male deeper into the woods, she smiled at him saying she needed to be more careful; that was her middle name! In reality, that was far from the truth and no one would believe that; the only person probably more clumsy than she was, was Noah. He mentioned something about water manipulation not being rare and that caused the woman to stumble slight again.

Whirling her head back to look at him, she brow knit together in disbelief. "What are you talking about?" She asked, both the hope of that being true and the sadness of know it wasn't the case laced in her voice. "Even among the others, very few of us have these abilities. Even among us, none of us have quite the same extent to our powers." She shook her head as she said, "If only it wasn't such a rare thing." chuckling a bit she added, "The only ones of us that have it are the ones that the facility touched."

There was definitely a part of her that hoped what he said was true though. After all, it was only human nature to want to belong and what the facility did was take away their chance to do that with the rest of the world. They were a group of misunderstood, unwanted misfits and humans feared what they didn't understand. She continued onward, that hope in mind, images of a world where they weren't different flashing through her head.

It was the male's sudden stop that nearly caused the woman to topple over next. The yank on her arm brought an 'oof' to her lips as she steadied herself and looked back at the male. "Sleep? Why does that matter?" She asked as she thought about it. Her gaze fell to the ground as she really thought about it; she had gotten up early to check on Eleanor, then they were saving people from the facility, then they were running from the facility, saving Eleanor and Melik, then grabbing water. "Last night, I think? I mean, I woke up early, why?"

A sly grin crossed the woman's face, oh was it a tempting invitation. The look in her eye seemed to dare the male just as much. The water that had seemed to form a second layer on her skin seemed to be absorbed by the very flesh that it covered. "Ooooh, you pose such a tempting proposal," she said, walking up to him, placing her palms on his shoulders, her fingers walking her hands to his shoulders as her gaze trailed back down to his chest.

"But," she said, her eyes slowly rolling back up to look at him. "I think you'll have to try and control yourself till another time. Home's here." She nodded her head back to a dark cave, it looked rather shallow and there was no one there. Above the cave were three sets of glowing red eyes; two pairs of two and a single pair of four. The one with four eyes was massive and stood in the middle, the other two at its side.

Grabbing the male's hand again, she pulled him along behind her, towards the back wall. "Shhh, you can't tell anyone," she said as she lifted her free hand. "It's our top secret entrance." She then tapped the wall twice and it seemed to dissolve before their eyes, though it in reality it was the sand grains pulling away to let them in.

Before stepping in she called out, "Aren't you guys coming too?" It was silent for a few moments before a deep voice came from behind them.

"Eleanor isn't going to be happy about this." The voice was low, very growl-like. A bulky figure side-stepped the two; the male was taller than Reggie and nearly as bulky. Unlike him, this one had long thick hair. As he stepped by, his eyes locked on the male, all four of them. His main eyes, situated where a normal human's were, were a virbrant red color, the other two that were off set towards the temples were pitch black, no sign of the eyes being any other color from lid to lid. The red eyes scanned up and down the male before he turned with a growl, heading into the cave. He swished his thick black tail that seemed to have a boney armor on the top as he disappeared into the darkness.

"Sabine's probably gonna yell too," said a more high pitched voice. A pair of twins appeared, hand-in-hand, both with the same long black hair but better kept. Like the other, their eyes were red, but the only had one set. Unlike the male though, they seemed to have an additional outer set of bone on their face. Their lower jaw had a layer of bone that created a second row of bottom teeth, there were sharp bones tht came from where human ears would normally be to poke past the cheek bones. There was a boney plate over the forehead that followed the eyebrow and curved up and around a pair of black pointed ears. "But you wouldn't bring someone bad, so we'll protect you," the other one chirped as the two scurried off to follow the less-than polite male. Like the male, the twins also had tails, though they were docked in the appearance of a Doberman's docked tail.

Nyx smiled at the trio and she walked into the darkness of the tunnel, pulling the male with her. "The last hunting party for the night," she said, though the male probably cared little about it. Once they were in, she turned around and tapped the edge of the wall twice, the sand rebuilding itself, throwing the two into complete darkness.

"Come, this way, we're almost home," she said as she lead them through the darkness and down the tunnel. Even without being able to see where they were going, Nyx had no problems in traversing the tunnel; she had clearly been there more than once to have grown that familiar with it. Once the wall closed behind them, the warmth from deeper in the cave was able to reach them and as they moved further in, it got warmer and warmer.

The sound of voices could be heard, hushed as they were. A glow started to appear on the deep brown rock wall and soon they had reached the main cavern. As the two rounded the corner, everything fell into silence, all eyes were on them.

"Nixie, what on Earth do you think you're doing[/i]," an accented voice boomed over the group, those closest to the angry blonde seemed to shy away from her.

The white haired woman didn't seem phased by the outburst as she said, "I found him in the woods! Or, well, rather he found me." Her voice drifted off as she caught on to the fact that, that would not have been taken well.

"He found you?" Sabine hissed as she weaved her way through the group from the back of the main cavern. "And what did he find you doing?" The woman's red orbs shot to the male, eyeing him up and down. When her eyes fell back to the white haired woman, the nervous laugh from her told the woman all she needed. "You're joking, right?" The sneer on her face told all. "You know to be more careful then that," the woman's voice dipped nearly to a whisper as she lowered her chin, casting a shadow over her eyes.

"I was being careful, no one was around, I swear!" Nyx seemed to start getting a bit more nervous at this point. The look on Sabine's face begged to know how someone could see her is there was no one around. Rolling her eyes Nyx parted her arms as she said, "Ok, so maybe I there was someone around, but I swear, there wasn't a soul out there when I got there!"

A woman's voice spoke up in the back saying, "She is correct Sabine, we sensed and saw no one when she went out to get water."

Sabine didn't seem too pleased by the support from one of the hunting parties. Her gaze rolled from the group behind her to the two before her. "Pray tell, just how did this man manage to sneak up on you?" The woman's red eyes rolled up at him; he was tall, it seemed unlikely that a person could so easily sneak past the hunting party.

"He can vanish," Nyx blurted out before covering her mouth. The group of people behind the blonde began whispering amongst themselves, looking at the taller male.

Sabine rolled her eyes as she said, "Yeah, so can some of the others."

Nyx lifted her eyebrows in a teasing manner as she leaned in towards the other woman and said, "He says he's not an experiment." The whispers grew louder from the group behind the blonde; Sabine seemed to be getting quite annoyed with this and that ploy only drove that feeling further.

"Then what is he supposed to be Nixie? Some kind of alien or something?!"

Follow my Facebook Page! I'll be trying to keep it updated with my 3 cosplays for this year!