View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-10-2017, 05:19 PM

Vasileios placed one foot in the water. Steam curled in every direction, but it didn't mar the glittering surface of the water, visible beneath the rising blanket of steam. It was in this small layer between the water and the steam that he breathed in deep. This last week, he felt more alive than he had in months. The fact that his very life was in danger caused this only made him smile more. When when that woman--Moira--come? When would she challenge him again so that he could fight for some reason other than his country? Fighting for his life felt so much more worthwhile.

Just as he was about to slide all the way into the water, a voice called out from the other side of the bath. "Vasileios. You called for me?"

The king's foot pulled away again as he turned to face the voice's owner where he stood, obscured from sight. But even so, Vasileios felt the other man's eyes lock onto his. "Yes Callisthenes. Do you have your report ready yet? Tell me what you've learned of this Asharan woman. My curiosity has been insatiable." The same arrogant smile crossed his lips again as Vasileios turned his back on the bath, attention now fully focused on his personal scout. It almost felt like Moira was here and it only made him want to hear this report more. She should know that if she challenged him, then he would challenge her back in time.