View Single Post
Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 01-14-2016, 09:16 PM

Melik smirked at the comments being made. If only they knew that they weren't that different. Sure, Reggie's look was odd but there were people made of stone that existed. Heck, there were lizard people too! And those--he shuddered--tentacle people. He felt his face turn pale. He really didn't want to think about them. Or how one tried to flirt with Rroy....

Shaking his head, he watched as Reggie stole Eleanor for his arms. Usually, he would protest but he was feeling a bit worn down. He did get stuck carrying her down a ladder and out of the sewers to this very location. Not carrying her, he supposed, would be nice.

"Yeah," he added a firm nod. "I'll help in whatever way necessary." Of course, that comment seemed to fall to deaf ears for the next thing he knew, Nyx was asking about Eleanor's powers.

"Ha," a devious look crawled on his boyish face. "Like I'll tell you without some form of reward." If he were Arvin or Varun, he would demand a kiss. This was Melik. Although a cheeky flirt, he wasn't all about those sweet lips. He would much rather--

"I will take warm milk and cookies as a bribe." He poked his tongue out at her. "But," the cheery expression faded, "I really don't think it's my place to speak about her. If she hasn't told you, I'm sure she has her reasons."

His mind raced back to the time where Rroy conveniently left out he could control darkness--that he had become an enlightened Valsozn. They should have assumed something was different but why would they? They didn't know enlightenment was a legitimate thing as so few ever reached it.

If Eleanor was like Rroy, she was holding back that card for a reason. Likely to surprise any traitors in the mix. Not to mention, not sharing one's powers meant it was hard to come up with a weakness or vulnerability.

Sensing her disdain, Melik gave Nixie a good pat on the shoulder. "It's definitely interesting though. We're lucky to have her on our side."

The more he thought about them, the more he realized they were a combination of Rroy, Aleu's, and Arvin's powers. Rroy could make ice spikes erupt from the ground. Aleu could call darkness around her to ask as a shield. And Arvin's powers... well, they looked more like the sludge Eleanor seemed to mimic. What other powers did she have? He was eager to learn more but didn't want to wish another battle on the brunette. She was far too weak to fight again.

"Did everyone make it to the safe house?" He needed to know the casualty report. "And what about the supplies? Have we enough? Or should we send out a small gathering party?"