View Single Post
ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 01-19-2016, 10:43 PM

As the water danced around, Nyx turned around to make sure everything seemed to be flowing properly. A smile grew on her face as she chuckled at the pun. At this rate, they were going to have plenty of water. Nearly completing her task, the woman drew her eyes forward, glancing at the snow then up above the dancing water. Her eyes locked on a figure that was partly hidden within the shadows.

A fear hit within her chest causing her to throw her arms back with a gasp; the momentum causing her to fall backward off the rock and into the snow. All around the water she had been collecting went splashing to the ground. Though the shock and fear had hit her system, that sound drew it all away.

With wide blue eyes, the woman jumped back up. "No, no, nononono," she muttered to herself, her fingers weaved into her hair as she looked at the melted snow around her. "This is bad, I'm going to be gone longer than they thought."

Her eyes then fell to the figure before her, he had moved a little closer than when she last saw him, or so it had seemed, she wasn't quite sure how close he was to begin with. "Listen," she said holding her hands up in front of her, taking a couple steps back. "I, I don't want any trouble," she said as she looked behind her to see what sort of obstacles lie in her way in case she needed to run.

"The, uh, moon," she said, her eyes falling back to the male, her accent and tone hitting the word 'moon' hard. The word seemed to throw the woman off and the confusion of word selection showed up on her face. "Yeah, the moon, it makes the snow look magical out here. It's, uh, my favorite spot out here.

"You're more than welcome to take this spot. So, um, I'll just be goin', ok?" The man wasn't dressed in a way that they were used to people from the facility being dressed, but Nyx wasn't sure. She couldn't hear the hunting parties either; though she usually couldn't as silence was their expertise, unlike hers. If this guy didn't buy her lame excuse of disguising her powers then she would either have to stall him so she could get away or the experiments would have their first prisoner. Or she would end up dead; the woman shook her head, that was not a good thought to be having.