View Single Post
Risque
bing chilling

Old 01-13-2019, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YumeBott View Post
Here's my resolution!

As context, I play this video game (Final Fantasy XIV). I'm pretty bland IRL and don't do much to control even my bed hair but in this game I dress up and I've gone through a couple of make-overs in the years that I've played (kind of like a fish gets a white stripe if stressed).

This year I broke away from traditional hair color (black, brown, blonde) and went for a seafoam green to remind myself to be more like water from this year onward and to be more at peace with things I don't need to control. Yes, beyond things I can't control, my goal is to reduce how much I feel compelled to control or otherwise influence everything under the sun that I can reach.

And I added this bright-colored tattoo on my character's face to represent my motivation mask for this year. Let it remind everyone I look at (including that gal in the mirror) that there are things I want to do. I just finished my undergrad and I want to make sure to find a new something to fill that space in my life. You know, that space you put your effort into even though it's tough and that space that you look back on after the fact and think: "Yep I'm proud of that."

Just two things for the new year. I think having a visual reminder will make it easier for me to remember the resolution and why I wanted it.
You can do it! Be like water!

And watch some Bruce Lee interviews while you're at it. That guy had life figured out lol