View Single Post
XxZombie.Mama.NephxX
Snakes & Crossbones

Old 05-07-2013, 11:31 PM

@ Shadami: This is very true, It's getting very rare to see any strictly traditional medium artist working in any field. I try and be as flexible as I can with my art. I enjoy both traditional and digital so I suppose it's easier for me. I can see how you'd need a degree as an art teacher in a school. Since it's kinda the place when that sort of indoctrination is made.

That sounds interesting, have you made your living room like a mini gallery? Or is it more that your work at home and go to art shows? I'm always shocked when someone says "This would have sold at" I feel bad putting more than $100 on any of my art. I'm not really sure why either. I guess because I feel like I'm still learning. XD

@ xuvrette: I don't like it much either, but in art it's a way to cross train your brain. If you study off real life your proportion and perspective will get better in which ever style you enjoy. I'm one from trying new styles. I enjoy realism, anime, comics, and Disney. So my own personal style has kind of become a merging of all those things. Also the rules are the same for cartoons and real life when it come to backgrounds and not neglecting your negative space.

A lot of paints used to use lead and other heavy chemicals. I've also heard that like 70% of lipsticks today still have high levels of them. Particularly dollar store brands. Enough about that, I read back and saw the whole "sleep with the teacher" thing. While it's important to get to know people in your field... sleeping with them doesn't work.

I think the best art teacher I ever had was in high school. She was one of those amazing teachers that was nice to student but still had their respect. She even let us call her by her first name. :) She got me in contact with a few people and helped me with my first 2 commissions in HIGH SCHOOL! She really gave me and all the student the time they needed.