View Single Post
Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 09-21-2015, 12:34 AM

Sophie let out a long sigh, class seemed to last so much longer than she had expected it would. At first she was rather excited to become a Weapons-Master, but it proved to be much harder than she had expected. What the heck!

The boys continued to bother her throughout class, while the instructor only glared down his nose at Sophie and made snide remarks such as, "Weaponry is no place for a young lady." Sophie wondered how the other girl in class felt with so much bigotry going on here. It was torture. As much as she hated feeling inferior while doing magic, she began to grow more hatred towards those that have done her wrong in the Weaponry class.

While sparing, she fought her hardest, trying to prove to everyone in class that despite being the youngest and being a woman, that she had what it took to become a warrior. She allowed her zweihänder sword, which she fondly called, Valentine, to swing and clash against the swords and other weapons of the other students. Sophie decided then that she wouldn't let herself be the subject of teasing anymore.

A couple of times her instructor glared at her when she had gotten close to besting her opponent. He glared as if to say, 'You'll never beat a man at his own game.' Sophie's blood boiled, but the tension, she concluded was good for her. She'd prove everyone wrong, she would make sure of that.

Throughout the first lesson, Sophie found her eyes wandering over to the other side of the field where the Magic-Casters were practicing. She didn't envy them. She was only curious to see how Filius was holding up in his class.

Another hour or so went by and the instructor finally called for a break, to Sophie's horror. The boys who were bothering her before approached her again and Sophie growled a warning to them,

"Look, I let you off easy last time. If you touch me again I swear I will break your nose and I won't let the teacher stop me."

"Ooh." The leader of the pack cooed, "I love a girl who plays hard to get."

Sophie had to walk away, her temper was slowly being lost again and even though she threatened bodily harm to the boy bothering her, she really couldn't afford to get into so much trouble on the first day. She stared at the Magic-Casters for a while, longing to be near Filius. After a few moments of waiting and watching, Sophie looked around, making sure no one was paying any attention to her. She took off running towards the Magic-Casters, stopping a good distance away from their class, for she didn't want anyone to notice she was there.

She also didn't want her own class to notice she wasn't there.

Sophie wanted to call out to Filius, but she didn't want to disrupt the class. Instead, she simply sat where she was standing and buried her face in her hands, letting some tears fall from her eyes as she tried her best to wipe them as quickly as she could. She hated being the focus of ridicule and teasing. She was never even that good at handling it as a child.

Sophie wiped her eyes and her runny nose, changing her focus from those mean boys to Filius. She watched him carefully, what he was doing, the spells he wove, the magic he casted. She longed to be like him... He seemed so strong, so immune to the way the girls talked about him behind his back. She wanted to be like Filius and she'd do all in her power to make that reality.