View Single Post
Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 08-16-2015, 03:29 AM

It was refreshing to Edwin to see the common folk working early in the morning, it wasn't too often that he was able to survey his kingdom and what, now with the opportunity to browse for a new wife, he gladly accepted the new environment with grace and dignity. After all, he was king now, he needed to know his kingdom well should he ever expect to rule.

His horse trotted beneath him as he rode through the town, his knights following closely by his side, protecting their king with their lives, should it come to such means. Edwin wasn't really paying much attention to the people who were busy scrambling away from their king's sight and trying to keep themselves occupied with their miserable lives.

The King originally planned to simply ride through the village, turn around and head back to the castle,mouth something caught his attention that he did not expect, a bright, almost shining spot of red in his peripheral vision made his eyes go wide and his head turned. Edwin,mthe re, saw a woman, and not society's idea of a woman (an immature, young preteen) but an actual, fully grown woman with the most beautiful shade of fiery red hair that Edwin had ever had the pleasure to lay eyes upon.

He galloped passed her, though he never looked away. After a few seconds of riding without looking to see what was in front of him, Edwin, The King, turned his horse around and trotted towards this beautiful young woman. His Knights took notice,

"Your Highness? Surely she is already engaged if not married?" One of his Knights suggested. Edwin ignored them,

"Poppycock!" Edwin said, "Whether or not she is married or engaged is not an issue for me. Yes, The former Queen will not be too happy should this woman already be married. But I will not tell my mother everything. These people are impoverished, I would happily wager that a price can be arranged for her significant other to... Simply forget her. Or better yet, I can make a deal with her father. They are destitute, they will comply regardless of price."

The Knights tried to talk some sense into their new king, but Edwin would not hear any of it. Instead, he kept trotting in the direction of the young woman. He didn't want to catch her attention just yet. Once his horse got close enough, he slid from the saddle and approached the woman slowly,

"Forgive me, my lady, for startling you..." Edwin smiled, "I am curious as to the whereabouts of your father. Perhaps, you may tell me if he is home?" It would have been easy to find this woman's father. Should she refuse, all he needed to do was set out a search and her father would be found in hours, maybe less. If it came to that, he'd have no problems removing this young woman from her home by force. However, he didn't want it to come to that.

He respected her thoughts and feelings... For now.