View Single Post
Vixen with a Vendetta
(。・ω・。)
Send a message via MSN to Vixen with a Vendetta

Old 06-22-2009, 11:39 PM

[Introduction][Art Contest][Giveaway]
The contest will continue past the event so look for a thread in Art Contests afterwards.
Art Contest - Slither

So instead of doing an art contest for my avatar or original character, I want YOU to draw the cover for my book. Interested? Keep reading.

As some of my friends may know by now, I've been working on a novel lately. I haven't really given away much information about it, but it's progressed to the point where I'm printing chapters for friends to read and critic. Now I hate passing them the papers and having a boring blank white page cover. So I'm looking for something to add a little life to it.

Keep it mind though, this is just for a manuscript or whatever you want to call it. It will not be published in anyway, taken credit for, or profited from.

Still interested?
Good.

Requirements
Title: Slither
Author: S. L. Scarlet
(Penname ^)

Other Information
I'm looking for something dark and mysterious for the cover. The main villain's symbol is a golden serpent, so something incorporating that would be very good. Other symbols from the book are good as well, such as a bow and an arrow (dark red coloring), a red-tailed hawk.
If you feel inspired to attempt the characters from the book, let me know, but I'm not leaning towards that.

Prizes
*Grand Prize - Selection of three items from the inventory list.
1st Prize - Selection of two items from the inventory list.
2nd Prize - Selection of one item from the inventory list.
3rd Prize - 1,000 gold.

*In the event if insufficient amount of entries, this prize will not be awarded. There's nothing grand about a small contest. xD

Inventory List
Page One
Page Two

Entries
*Hime*
secretdae007
Hyda
Ivvy
Lura Crane

By request, some people were interested in doing art of my avatar. So I'll host a similar contest for my avatar. Just see what I have currently to draw from. The prizes will be the same as the cover contest.

Entries

[Introduction][Art Contest][Giveaway]

Last edited by Vixen with a Vendetta; 06-28-2009 at 04:19 PM..