View Single Post
Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-03-2015, 04:23 AM

January 2st 2015: Resolutions

I pretty much posted them all in my first post, but then I thought maybe I should start planing out my route of attack. Art Attack that is. I have a few loose ideas with what I want to get done this year so I think it'll be good for me to write them down and get a more cohesive plan.

Last year I was somewhat happy with my progress art wise. I was successful in keeping to a once a week schedule and never felt stressed out about having to complete something on time. I bought myself a subscription to Abobe Cloud (mostly for photoshop.) :D and can't wait to start messing with some of the digital programs. Perhaps I'll even wonder into 3D

Projects for for this year

Project WoW:

I've been playing World of Warcraft again and felt the need to sketch a whole bunch of my characters. Colouring all of these will probably take the first 1-2 months of the year. In all I think it will generate 10-15 finished pieces.

Project Blue:
This is a Cosplay related project. Last year at a Scifi con I went to a panel about Cosplay and building your wardrobe. One of the things they said was to make/find pieces that would work for a variety of looks. That way any spending on the materials can count towards more projects. I found a perfect dress shape and shade for just that. I'll be starting work on it in February. The three Costumes it will work for are; The Diva from 5th element, Zhaan From Farscape, aswell as a Fantasy Elf dress. While I'm not sure if all the accessories will be done by then I'd like to get the majority of the silhouettes done by May.

Project WWOEC:

About 12-24 pieces for this forum that I've been a part of for about 4 years.

... plus I'm sure I'll get those random bouts of inspiration and commissions too. I don't want to bite off to much.

Last edited by Nephila; 01-03-2015 at 11:47 PM..