View Single Post
Arc Angel
Sure, I'll play with you-- in exchange for your immortal soul.

Old 08-17-2014, 12:07 PM

Stretching his arms ahead of him, then to his sides, he suddenly felt the weight of the day on his shoulders. He was growing tired, and was now looking forward to the idea of a hearty meal and some time to relax. Whatever relaxing he could afford, in any case. I do still need to keep an eye out for her here. Ruffling his hair troubledly, he let out a soft sigh.

"A tale?" He questioned, narrowing his eyes a little in confusion. How far from magic was this one kept? It seemed nearly impossible to him that someone had been so underexposed. At her next words about her home, his gaze drew to her again, a certain intensity gleaming in his eyes. Further than I understand? Instead of replying verbally at first, he shook his head a little and allowed his eyes to rest on the bridge they were now nearing. "Magic is a fact of life here. I can't imagine it any other way." He spoke firmly, but curiosity lingered about what she had meant. Something about her explanation gave him chills, to think of places and ideas beyond what he knew. The other part of her words stirred his wanderlust. Though... One thing I do have here is freedom.

As she spoke up about the tavern, he raised an eyebrow at her, mild amusement returning. Glancing back at it himself before turning to look at her, he sent her a small grin. He saw a familiar cottage-styled tavern with a couple of loyal horses; apparently, she saw some strange building and three muscular beasts. "It's hard to imagine what you see, if you're as clueless as you appear..." He spoke quietly, notes of curiosity striking his tone, though disbelief clouded it for the most part. Sighing then, he began across the small bridge, just a brush of most from the river rising below him to meet his booted ankles.

"This is a tavern, a small one, but cozy and relatively safe. We can get some food and needed shut-eye here." He explained, unsure of how to react to her seeming awe in the place. These things were commonplace to him, but he could only assume that the wonder in her features was genuine. He saw no indication of otherwise, in the least.

"These are horses," he spoke only after crossing the bridge, once near enough to one of the tied steeds. Reaching his bare hand out, he gentled the nearest one's mane and smiled as it turned its head to look at the two of them in return. "They're loyal companions, and a great method of transport. Not for eating." He felt silly explaining this to her, as if he were with a child, but the wonder she'd had in her gaze was all too alluring for him not to try believing her.