View Single Post
Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)っ ♥

Old 05-10-2008, 09:48 PM

63. Do Not Disturb

A shuffling in the darkness had woken Nimbus from his slumber. In a flash he had grasped the hand by his head, pulled the arm attached to it across the desk where he had been sleeping and pressed the edge of a blade from his belt across the bare skin.

A soft gasp escaped in his ear, a breathless voice remarking with an edge of fear crisping it's edges, "You havn't kept your promise,"

Shonasha. "What are you doing in here?" Nimbus asked the Shietopressing the blade closer to the skin so that he would feel it there.

"Watching you sleep," The demon remarked with a dry laugh but with the presence of the blade added, "You had fallen asleep doing paperwork, I thought I would finish it for you,"

"As nice as the gesture was," Nimbus replied suddenly letting the other man go and flopping back into the chair he had fallen asleep in, "I'd rather you stayed away from me," He threw the knife onto the desk where it became lodged in the cheap soft wood.

"I just want to help," Shonasha replied, sweeping loose strands of hair behind a pointed ear.

"I do not understand though." Nimbus said pressing a hand against his forehead and massaging his eyebrows, "All my life the demons have been the enemy, in this very war the demons are the enemy," He lowered his hand and looked seriously at the demon before him, "Why do you want to help?"

"Luphana has sent me where I need to be," he said simply.

"Luphanan is not even your god!" Nimbus shouted with exasperation. He wanted to trust the demon, wanted to trust someone, but nothing he said made sense.

Shonasha was silent for a moment, the flickering of a dying candle illuminated the fine features that were even a rarity to the Shieto race that he belonged to. Nimbus could see the traces of Elren traits on him, his mixed blood that partly related him to her. It hurt to relate the two.

"He is my god," Shonasha replied after a long time, "Many of us demons who have come here." He was silent again for a moment more, brow furrowed as if to remember something, "'And in Her hatred for Her Divine brother, Flamoya created a rift in His plain and stole the heavanly children of that plain. For centuries more she tortured them and defended her own dark plain against his wrath that was rife for her crime. When she had no more use for them she attached them to the bodies of newborn demons to live and perish in her world. But Luphana knew that they would find their way back; the one hundred and seventy-nine lost souls of his people," His amythyst eyes looked to Nimbus, lit with the fire of the candle, "Don't you believe in you own legends?"