View Single Post
blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play them like a lullaby, like a reason why.

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 06-04-2015, 01:36 AM

“Good.” Vex allowed Sycom to lean against her as much as he needed to. The woman laughed, “I think you’re right.” When he head butted her grin widened. Yup, he was fine.

Like him she too would glance at the couple that sat not far from them. “Well there has to be some kind of explanation. If they aren’t part of the SFA, then who are they and how do they have powers?” Her words were whispered.

Vex caught Sycom’s smirk when he began to speak to the girl. “He’s right.” While he spoke to the two her eyes scanned the area around them. They would be fine here for a while longer. She gave her beloved a warning glare as she didn’t wish for him to reveal more than what he needed.

Masuyo stiffened a bit at the word monster. That term she hated it. Every time she heard it memories from her past came back to haunt her.

About a year after Ryker, the others and herself had been deemed monsters, the enemy, while on the run she and Ryker came across her family. Well what was left of it. Only her parents and younger brother were still alive. What the young woman thought would be a happy reunion turned into a nightmare. Her family, the family who had supported her in her decision to become an experiment, in her desire to save mankind turned their back on her.

She had snuck off on her own to meet with them. Instead of being greeted with open arms she was greeted with her own flesh and blood calling her demon, monster and devil. The parents who had raised her telling Masuyo they wanted nothing to do with her. She was no longer their child, their sweet little Suyo was dead. If that wasn’t enough her brother threw things at her while continuing to call her a monster. Trying to chase her off like one would try to chase off some stray animal.

Everything, it all tore at her, broke her heart and discouraged her. After being pelted several more times by stones she finally left, wandering off. Little did she know that Ryker had followed her, witnessing it all as it happened. As the woman wandered back off into the forest her hazel eyes were dead. A part of her died that day and if it hadn’t been for Ryker being there by her side it’s hard to tell what would have become of her. He managed to keep her from breaking like she desperately wanted to.

Pale lavender eyes fell onto the pair once more as they were scanned again. “I have no clues either, this is your area not mine Sycom.” A small smile spread across her lips as Sycom took an authoritative stance, questioning the others. While he pushed to get answers she circled around the pair, her eyes mostly staying to the tree line around them.

For now she would let him do the work. Only stepping in if the male and female they had rescued became difficult in one way or another. The woman listened quietly as she continued to circle. Vex appeared to be more like a predator now then she had earlier.

When Sycom grabbed her jaw Masuyo pulled away slightly. His earlier words made her wonder if they were any safer than what they were in that lab. Possibly a little. At least here they had a chance to escape on their own without aid.

Ryker was the first to speak, answering Sycom’s questions. Masuyo looked to the redhead beside her shrugging, looking just as perplexed. “I don’t know either.” The male wouldn’t accept their answers though.

While her partner waved his hands, she scooted closer to him. As he pleaded she touched his hand again, squeezing it while shaking her head. The look in her hazel orbs telling him to stop. “Don’t,” she breathed so no one other than him would hear her.

Vex’s circling stopped once the man sitting on the ground spoke the word time. She stood behind Sycom, who turned to her before pulling her close. Her brow knitted as the man whispered to her. “I suppose it would be possible if they had decided to experiment on my watch. Sycom you know as well as I that if they still had my watch that more than likely I would not be standing here by your side right now. They would have destroyed it by now to kill me after their failed attempt to make me their puppet.” She glanced passed him at the couple. “If that’s the case then that will explain a lot of what we’ve been facing recently. Really I hate to think that my purium is the cause of all of this.”

Looking back to him the look in her lavender eyes was serious. “Either you find out or I will and I don’t think those two will like the way I go about getting the information from them.” Unlike Sycom, Vex wasn’t as patient and she would be nowhere as nice as him. She calmed a bit when he gave her the one look he always gave her when she got this way.

Again Ryker started to explain things to the couple that stood before them. She gave him a nudge and frown. He really did talk too much sometimes.

“I don’t think that it’s a good idea.” Leaning closer she whispered. “This could be a trap. After you tell them they could just kill us like those men tried to do in that lab. I don’t know about you, but I’ve had enough of almost dying for one day.”

She shook her head lightly. “Plus what if telling them about you being related to them causes some weird time alteration? It’s strange enough that we are here instead of our own time.” Looking into his emerald eyes her frown deepened. “I just don’t want to lose you.”

“I agree. That shouldn’t be a problem, though it would be a lot easier if I had my watch considering Speedy over there.” Vex pulled her gaze away from Sycom momentarily, it falling onto the girl. “We know what his power is, but I’m curious to know what hers is.”

Soon her gaze returned to him. “Like I said, you find out or I will. If they have my watch…” She didn’t even need to finish her thought as Sycom gave her a knowing look. He knew she would get it back by whatever means necessary. That watch meant life and death to her and it was best kept in her own hands instead of someone else’s.

Will you draw my OCs?

Last edited by blueblackrose; 06-06-2015 at 12:38 PM..