Thread: Sun Jar
View Single Post
Sun
(っ◕‿◕)っ ♥
Send a message via MSN to Sun

Old 01-04-2014, 06:36 PM

Entry 1.
30.12.13 - 4.1.14

I've never been any good at resolutions, perhaps because my family has never really put much importance on New Years as a cause for celebration. They're no doubt no happier to be spending another year with each other than they were in an year previous, and their apathy towards the time has rubbed off on me. Though i seem to be the only person i know who doesn't really care much for going out, or staying up to see the new year in...I'd much rather be asleep and wake up hoping the change of date might have inspired some kind of little change within me.

Regardless of my usual rituals of ignoring and sleeping, i broke with family tradition this year, and i was actually awake at the coming of midnight. I was on my own, and in my room, but still, i was pleased, and felt as though i had achieved a small something all the same. Perhaps this would be a sign to come for me, and i would face many new challenges and trials this year?

I must have been on to something there, because not three days after the close of what i will consider my most recent 'character development' year, the action kicks off. Salma contact me via Facebook, as i assumed she would sooner or later, after hearing that she'd been in touch with Nat again. It's very sad to see somebody who was such a good friend turn into somebody so troubled and confused by life. I wish i could help her, but alas, she still thinks that i owe her the world, and as nice as she is she practically called me a parasite! Nice woman this old soulmate of mine!

Other positives this week include Leanne (practically my sister) and Dave moving into their first house. She wants me to do some cleansing on it, something that i very much look forward to as i need the practice for my Diploma. Oz also had his first teaching lesson today, and finalised all of the things to do with his real job starting next week. I'm so proud of him. BMW have never taken a graduate for his position, which is 1 of only 20 of the kind in the whole world, and he managed to impress them more than three other people with years worth of industry experience! We'll see where that adventure goes.

I've also started the year off by joining the gym, and meeting up with my old friend Nat H. It's good to talk, and laugh, and remember old times while in the process of planning new ones! Oh, and i managed to complete Dragon Age Origins...There is love after Mass Effect after all!

Last edited by Sun; 01-04-2014 at 07:22 PM..