View Single Post
MintyRey
N00b

Old 10-11-2011, 06:47 AM

"I doubt marriage is so simple. Though I suppose by accepting the invitation and coming here, we are guaranteed a bride.", he replied with a chuckle. "Matching locks and keys are to be wed at the month's end, was it not? This, by far, is probably one of the fanciest arranged marriage agreements I've ever heard of. An interesting idea indeed."

After giving it some thought, Samuel placed the empty pail near the two princesses so that they could wring out the water-logged rags over it instead of having to get up to the sink all the time. "In case you....err...need it, m'ladies.", Samuel added. It felt strange saying this to two noblewomen of high rank since one normally wouldn't see royalty doing such a menial chore as mopping. But back in his father's house, he and his brothers had to learn how to do the work that came with preparing freshly caught game.

His father was passionate about hunting. As soon as they knew how to walk, Lord Marcus had brought each and every one of his sons with him to teach them his favorite hobby. It had become a yearly tradition for the family. At the open of every season, out the boys would race towards the forest with hounds and attendants following behind them. Once they had found a good camp site Lord Marcus and his sons would leave their horses behind and hunt on foot. Whatever they caught they would eat some of at the campsite or bring back home. The former duke made sure his boys helped with cleaning and preparing the meat they brought. Because he spent hours in the kitchen after a hunt, Samuel was able to watch how the scullions worked.

With a nearly inaudible "Pardon me..." as he maneuvered around them, the black haired boy picked up another empty container by the far wall and left for the courtyard's well to fetch more water for the dishes. Soon he returned with a bucketful of water. Avoiding as much of the slippery kitchen floor as he could, the duke brought the bucket over to the sink and placed it nearby for when they were ready to use it. He wondered if it would be enough, unsure of how much water the servants back home had used for doing the dishes. After a tentative pause, Samuel looked to his three companions and asked, "Do any of you know how to do dishes by any chance?"

[Let me know if I need to edit anything :)]

Last edited by MintyRey; 10-11-2011 at 06:54 AM..