View Single Post
Risque
bing chilling

Old 12-16-2022, 01:59 AM

For those of you who are planning on being more active again on Mene, do you plan on having it replace or substitute any of your usual forms of social media? And as you've been writing, posting, and commenting, have you found it difficult to post like you used to? How has your social media engagement style changed? And is there anything you found in Mene that you were missing before?

With Mene somewhat back from the dead, I feel like it's worth investing time into the community again. However, I'm at a bit of a loss on how to jump back into things. Being a lurker on other social media sites for the past few years has made me accustomed to passively consuming content, since I would scroll Reddit and TikTok out of boredom or lack of creativity.

My engagement with Mene is almost the opposite of that. I feel more incentivized to contribute. I find myself giving more thought and introspection because of the longer post format. And without the ephemeral quality of other sites where older posts get buried and throwaway accounts can be made on the fly- Menewsha even demands more vulnerability from me and the thoughts I share.
It will be interesting to get back in the habit of this :)