View Single Post
Andraus
Most shy away from conflict. I embrace it, as it embodies who I am.

Old 03-04-2016, 04:51 AM

(Well, we've focused on the Settlers of the New world: The people trying to eck out an existence in this land of constant danger, and we've seen the Slavers, those who prey on their fellows for cash or for survival. Raiders take Survival to a whole new level, and then some: Instead of farming or settling, they attack, kill, and rob anyone they see that's not one of their own. Raiders either do it because they believe they have no choice, or because they just like killing. More than a few have drug issues.)

"It's part of human nature to war amongst ourselves. As the unofficial apex predator, we had to fight for survival even among ourselves. It's just how we are, Hikari, I can't change that and neither can you. "he said, sounding tired. He really believed conflict was a permanent thing in human nature.

"You didn't trust me, and neither did most of the villagers. It's why I ran a butcher shop, and became a cook: I could talk to people, listen about their issues, and discuss ways to help. It's why I didn't reveal I was an Ark survivor, or that I was a Government Official. "He said, storing what was left of the food. "When people look at an Ark Survivor, they see something from an age that had technology unlike anything they've ever seen. The Authority are a prime example of what happens when they have too much power, so that inspires fear, and respect. When you're more than a person, you're also less than a person. "He said to her.

"You were a hunter in your village. Surely you could hear the sound of gunfire, or maybe follow some tracks or something. "She said, obviously not understanding much of what hunters did. The Life of a Settler was an unknown to her.